lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-09-2003, 04:50 PM   #1401
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Whoops. Accidental double post.

Last edited by Eldritch; 01-09-2003 at 05:00 PM.
Eldritch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2003, 04:54 PM   #1402
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Uh...

I've reported your post, ShogunBlade, as this is unprovoked flaming - the last time I said anything to you was months ago when I made your avatar. I'm not even going to get in a discussion about it, I just want to correct you on a few issues. This is how your post should've looked:

Quote:
Originally posted by ShogunBlade
Oh and aru wen please help me shut the hell i can't stop running my mouth you dont own these forums your not even an admin (Editor's Note : This is brilliant right here. I seem to remember buying the forum and making my self the Admin Overlord, but I guess I was mistaken...).. you've never bashed other people and i wish i could be as cool as you, but i can't because i just make up stuff about jumping people and threatening to jump people god im such a punk i'll just STFU!
Yeah, I think that should do it. Terc, take all the time you need. After all, this is your model and if people are impatient about the schedule it's on, they should just remember that this is like art. If they want you to finish more quickly, they could always expedite the process by sending money so you wouldn't have to work.

What's that? You say you don't want to send money? You think he should do all this work for free AND do it all in your timeframe?

Old 01-09-2003, 06:31 PM   #1403
morphius_doh

If there's one thing I can't stand more than off-topic posts it's flaming posts. It was totally uncalled for.
morphius_doh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2003, 09:46 PM   #1404
Toonces
Raise Hand If Sure!

Shogun, what are you even replying to? I see a post from Aru-Wen from 12/7 but that's it. Why kick up dirt from over a month ago?

This little flame war ends now

Toonces is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2003, 09:44 AM   #1405
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Quote:
Originally posted by Toonces
Shogun, what are you even replying to? I see a post from Aru-Wen from 12/7 but that's it. Why kick up dirt from over a month ago?

This little flame war ends now
Was that even dirt though? I'm dropping it, but the post from 12/7 had a couple parts : the first part was a joke, and the second part was in response to someone other than ShogunBlade, and it was an opinion besides. I hope someone takes care of this guy.

Old 01-10-2003, 05:16 PM   #1406
-Tercero-

Hot Topic Starter 
Okay - reading all this, I realize that I did not properly explain why I haven't been working on the model recently. I've been working around 60 hours a week at one job, and ten to twenty at another - I really just haven't had the time. As far as my girlfriend breaking up with me, that did affect me a while back, but not nearly to the degree that ShogunBlade made it out to. The real reason that I haven't been working much on the model is and always has been WORK. Yes, it has taken too long - that happens when nobody is working on it - nothing gets done, but, honestly, work that I get paid for has to come first. I have bills, I have needs, and I have my priorities, and while this model is one of them, it is not the first.

That being said, I have a little more free time now that the christmas season is over, so I should be getting back to work on the model soon, though I am considering taking a short vacation first. I'll post them up when I have some new updates.

Thanks to everyone who has been so understanding and patient. You've really kept me wanting to work on this project when it would be very easy to just drop it. You guys are great - thanks for giving me that focus.

Oh - and it's good to be back...

-Tercero- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2003, 05:51 PM   #1407
Sinister12

That's cool. You come back and post updates when you are ready, the model looks totally kickass and an Ep2 Anakin is definately needed
Sinister12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2003, 09:24 PM   #1408
DeadlyBOFH

Tercero; at this rate, the game will be dead before the model comes out. For gods sake... the first post date in this thread was august 8, 2002. All the other models: Yoda, Yarael Poof, Mara Jade, Padme Geonosis... Didnt even take half this time. From the last pictures of the model I saw you were nearly complete... Youve got maybe an hour or two more of work.. Lets get it done.. We want to boost the number of people playing this... Not release it after the game is dead.

Spectrum

Microsoft is not the Borg Collective. The Borg Collective has proper networking.
DeadlyBOFH is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2003, 09:33 PM   #1409
Hellfire Jedi
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

BOFH Shut the hell up please!!!!!
HE HAS A LIFE GO GET ONE MAN NO OFFENSE BUT REALLY!! He also like he said needs to PAY bills or get kicked out or lose something electricity blah. And Spec all you will do once u get it will paint the hair blue. And the game is $50 still so odds are it wont die soon. STOP POSTING HERE OR START POSTING whats the word USEFUL stuff. Thanks.

Terc take ALL the time you NEED. Get your life right and get the model right when u have time dont listen to bofh

I would like to beta test YOUR models
I love graves. You should love him too.
Thanks SupremePain for the avatar.
Mike-
Hellfire Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2003, 09:54 PM   #1410
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
BOFH Shut the hell up please!!!!!
HE HAS A LIFE GO GET ONE MAN NO OFFENSE BUT REALLY!! He also like he said needs to PAY bills or get kicked out or lose something electricity blah. And Spec all you will do once u get it will paint the hair blue. And the game is $50 still so odds are it wont die soon. STOP POSTING HERE OR START POSTING whats the word USEFUL stuff. Thanks.

Terc take ALL the time you NEED. Get your life right and get the model right when u have time dont listen to bofh
Some people just don't understand the priority thing. You have to take care of certain things first, or you won't have the luxury of being able to do other things (like model or play games or do something else you enjoy). It's tough to model Anakin if you don't have power for your computer because you put the model before your job.

Old 01-11-2003, 12:09 AM   #1411
Azrael

Location: Not in the bushes. Not in the bushes. Look somewhere else.
Jesus man, you must really have no life whatsoever if you're telling him to hurry up. I mean, I have no life, but I have never posted something here telling him that he's taking too long. If you're so impatient about getting an Anakin model, go make one yourself. Besides, all those models you mentioned, had to go back and be fixed. Maybe Terc has so much of a life that he only wants to have to release this once.
Here's a Star Wars example. The old movies. Not the new craptastic ones.
Star Wars came out in 1977. Empire Strikes Back came out in 1980. Return of the Jedi came out in 1983. All the movies were seperated by three years. You think it's a coinicidence that those three movies spawned more of a dedicated fanbase than Star Trek? The series that gets remade and screwed up every year or so? Why don't you go die?

"Yea, and God said to Abraham, 'You will kill your son Isaac.'
And Abraham said, 'I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone.'
And God said, 'Oh, I'm sorry, is this better? Check, check, check. Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here.'"
- Stewie, Family Guy: "Road to Rhode Island"

Save Farscape!
Azrael is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2003, 01:11 AM   #1412
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Quote:
Originally posted by Azrael
Here's a Star Wars example. The old movies. Not the new craptastic ones.
Star Wars came out in 1977. Empire Strikes Back came out in 1980. Return of the Jedi came out in 1983. All the movies were seperated by three years. You think it's a coinicidence that those three movies spawned more of a dedicated fanbase than Star Trek? The series that gets remade and screwed up every year or so? Why don't you go die?
Funny stuff. Even the new 'craptastic' ones are seperated by 3 years, though.

Old 01-11-2003, 06:01 AM   #1413
Darth Vader III

Well... I just wanted to say that:

a) I don't really care WHEN this model comes out... It's like personal... I've been following this model from the start (not as a member). I come to these forums (partly) because I want to see the progress of this model. Form me it matters that this model COMES out and is made by Tercero... Just want say that I'll follow this model until it comes out (even if it takes a very long time)...

b) This model has an incredible story with good parts and bad parts, being locked, released... We are like a big "family" to this thread... This model has gone through hell and survived. I think that none of us want to send it on another journey down there...

c) Tercero has gotta life... He works 60h a week at ONE job (said by him). I know this model has taken a long time but it's only a model. It isn't real (like jobs and girlfriends) and you can't force him to finish it. And you should now that he is a perfectionist (no offence). He will work with this model when he has the time and spirit to...

And finally: Tercero, how could we support this model? Is there anything you'd like us to help you with? If there is... just post.

Thank you!

Anakin and Darth Vader rock!

Custom avatar made by Jedi_Anakin_S
Darth Vader III is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2003, 06:22 AM   #1414
skywalker19

Hey Terc! Great to have you back,hope you had a groovy holiday season and all (may be late but its the thought that counts )

Pay no attention to BOFH,sometimes i think he's medicated the way he acts. You keep taking your time with the model,i know it will be fantastic when it gets released

edit:
Quote:
And Spec all you will do once u get it will paint the hair blue.
Thats so funny,yet so..so true

Dennis Miller's Great Quotes:

-"Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
-"Pretty soon profalactic companies will be selling condoms with a secret prize inside."
skywalker19 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2003, 08:09 AM   #1415
TrUnKs69

Bofh!!1

Hey Bofh You Should be Thankful Tercero is making this model All of us.At Least be Helpful and not whinge .There is more to life than just games and stuff.We all have lives to take care of.
So Stop The Whinging!!!!!

The Little Green Man With The Little Green Leaves
TrUnKs69 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2003, 08:12 AM   #1416
TrUnKs69

Tercero; at this rate, the game will be dead before the model comes out. For gods sake... the first post date in this thread was august 8, 2002. All the other models: Yoda, Yarael Poof, Mara Jade, Padme Geonosis... Didnt even take half this time. From the last pictures of the model I saw you were nearly complete... Youve got maybe an hour or two more of work.. Lets get it done.. We want to boost the number of people playing this... Not release it after the game is dead.

Ohh yeh and :
Where is the We In That. Its not we its just you.

[Edit: The top paragraph was what bofh said by th ways i forgot to do the quote thingy[/Edit]

Old 01-11-2003, 11:39 AM   #1417
Jo

ok...its bad enough to double post but, TRIPLE post, please edit them instead.

and dont tell tercero to hurry, he has a life away from the computer you know...he is taking his time to make a good quality model...keep up the great work tercero

<MasterJo> you want pics of me in boxers??? <Rhett>for... research
Jo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2003, 11:50 AM   #1418
-Tercero-

Hot Topic Starter 
Hey, I just wanted to say that I fully understand people being a little upset that the model isn't released yet - hell, I am too. My perfectionism has been making it take a lot longer than it would have if I had just thrown it out there - some of you who have been following this thread from the start probably remember me rebuilding the model three times and retooling it a lot along the way. I think that the payoff will be great in the end, though, and I plan to put this model into more games than just JKII, so it will get some exposure even if the game is dead.

That being said, JKII will likely not die, if for no other reason than the pre-movie marketing push that will crop up sometime next year. I warily anticipate a possible expansion that could revive the fanbase of this game. And while the fanbase has dwindled a bit, it is still there - there just isn't that initial push that there always is when a game is first released. I remember working on Unreal Tournament when the game was 'dying' - and a LOT of people still play it.

Also, Darth Vader III, you asked what I need for the model, and I can pretty much sum it up in one word. SHADERS. I have some experience with the creation of shaders from my background in 3D, but I don't really know how to implement them in game. I actually have shaders planned for virtually every surface of the model, but I have absolutely no clue how to get them there. If anyone can give me a hand with that, it'd be greatly appreciated.

One more thing - please remember that I am doing this model free gratis, and on my own free time, which, might I add, Is rather limited. The model will be released when it is released, and flaming me about how long it's taking will not affect the release date at all. I want to create a model that really pushes the limits of realism and what the Q3 engine can do, and that takes some time.

You guys really are updated almost as much as I am, and the only reason that I go for periods without releasing screens is because there isn't anything to show, or because I have stripped a part of the model to rebuild it, and it looks completely ass until I finish it. Right now, rest assured that it is the latter. Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get a lot better.

And to those who have stuck it out and continued to support me, thank you - it is you guys who have given me the strength and the will to keep on going - I'll try not to let you down.

Old 01-11-2003, 11:55 AM   #1419
Jo

like i said before, keep up the great work ter, you do a great model, and those who flamed you might just come apologizing...

<MasterJo> you want pics of me in boxers??? <Rhett>for... research
Jo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2003, 03:01 PM   #1420
fat_101

i have to agree im totally behind this model all the way and the longer it takes the better it will be on realease

FATTEH

The music plays,the sabers spark,the screaming begins and in the end ......you lie there......in pieces- =(TLG)F.A.T_101(CL)=
fat_101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2003, 03:26 PM   #1421
Mex
Not the brightest cookie.

I feel that if any game company saw this model, they would try to hire you right away!

And this model will blow everyone away.

Spoiler! Fat_101 read only plz
spoiler:
Since you are in [DJC] consider me, your enemy.
Mex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2003, 07:14 PM   #1422
TrUnKs69

Hehe Yeh sorry.Shouldve just put it all in one peice.Sorry

Old 01-11-2003, 11:22 PM   #1423
Dragonlancer

I don't know which is worse. The person with the dumb comments or the 500 comments who respond by flaming him. People, calm down.

Tereco, you havn't dissappointed us yet and I havn't got a doubt in my mind that you won't even if it were simply given up and released as is. You've been doing an awsome job on the model, and I've also come to respect you as a person. Keep doing what your doing, cause what you're doing has been awsome!

Also, I'm just wondering. You (Tereco) said awhile ago that you were seriously considering modeling as a career. What ever happened with that? I think I speak for all of us when I say that you would be awsome in that field.

Anyway that's about it. Peace out.

Please donate credits to the "Get Dragonlancer a glowing name fund" Thanks.
Dragonlancer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2003, 01:29 AM   #1424
Andy867
McCan Caoma

And also, people know that flame wars mean the locking of this thread until Tercero sends word to have it opened up for an update, because like I said before, I am not afraid to lock this thread. So keep that in mind people.

Trunks69, I went ahead and edited 2 of your posts to cut it back to 2 instead of triple posting.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2003, 06:25 AM   #1425
fat_101

im not flaming anyone just agreeing that this model roxors

oh and flanders i couldnt care wether u like me or not
(sorry for offtopic )

FATTEH

The music plays,the sabers spark,the screaming begins and in the end ......you lie there......in pieces- =(TLG)F.A.T_101(CL)=
fat_101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2003, 07:00 AM   #1426
[DJC] Tyranus

Well you can safely say that when the model does come out it will be worth it.

Keep the the simply amazing work

Death Comes To Those Who Betray The Trust Of Others --[DJC] Tyranus [SW]
[DJC] Tyranus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2003, 09:44 AM   #1427
Darth Vader III

Pushes to the limits of realism...
COOL...

Old 01-13-2003, 03:44 PM   #1428
jaybiggspr

keep up the good work Tercero I hope this model is done before my jk2 cd is used as a coaster.

jaybiggspr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2003, 07:54 PM   #1429
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Quote:
Originally posted by jaybiggspr
keep up the good work Tercero I hope this model is done before my jk2 cd is used as a coaster.
Well, that was a rather snide comment...

Old 01-14-2003, 12:37 PM   #1430
ShogunBlade

kinda funny... the above post is exactly what im talkin about aru wen... for those that dont know what im talkin about check out the back pages of this thread plus a few more where we get to see our hero aru wen try to be all "Im not an admin but i wannabe". Andy i could give a **** if im banned really... LoL lemme see i posted that when?... and all you talk about is anti spammin anti flamin yet you let aru wen go off on anyone who doesnt share his view.. LoL I dont go off on people when they dont share my views.. I dont tell people to stop posting on the forums because they had a n00b question as aru wen has in the past or take a joke like the coaster bit personally.. Aru-Wen needs to get laid by helga penischlobbin and have a coke and a smile.. being strung out on all that chocolate that mommy lets you have is not good for your teeth.. but then having your lips constantly wrapped around her tit prolly doesnt help.. I dont even play this game anymore.. I think its pathetic how this game turned out.. yeah yeah yeah ban me.. but not before a few dozen people see this post and realize im right about aru wen.. on the other subject about this model, all im sayin is that its taken a hellified long time to release it which dont concern me anylonger because as ive said i dont play it anymore.. ((here is your chance aru wen youu get to flame me but ill not be able to read it LoL you fag... so go ahead and try to be funny by posting some lame ass **** that you have been because if you post anything about it then everyone sees im right and you think you are the forum god or something and so what if you made my avatar.. yeah it was about the only cool thing you've done not long after is when you turned to the dark side of your ass)) so snap thy fingers mighty one lol like ill even know hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahaha

"I say poopie to you!"
ShogunBlade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2003, 12:43 PM   #1431
Lord Tnuc

To tell you the truth, nobody really cares if you're right or wrong about Aru. Aru, like many other forum people try to keep it as a community, so thus, the responsibility to help out and give suggestions and point out things that can be better is on the shoulders of every member, not just the admins. It's like a neighborhood...you want to keep your neighborhood nice and tidy...but you also like the police there to make sure to slap someone around if they get outta hand. Now that that's aside...I hope you'll take whatever flaming you need to get out of your system in PMs or something, cuz that's the only place that other people don't have to bother with it.
Plus, the admins can just delete your post and any trace of it in a matter of minutes so that nobody sees it

Just your friendly neighborhood tnuc!
Lord Tnuc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2003, 05:41 PM   #1432
TrUnKs69

Ohh yeh hehe
Thanx Andy867

Old 01-14-2003, 08:01 PM   #1433
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

I think I'll just let the mods/admins do their job here...

Looks like it's already been done, though. Ah well, can't please everyone all the time, can you?

Old 01-14-2003, 08:38 PM   #1434
Andy867
McCan Caoma

The ban is until Thursday, but if Shogun keeps up these cherades, then he will be indefinitely banned. LucasForums will not tolerate ANYONE who is going out of their way to make everyone's experience on the LucasForums bad and unpleasant. Remember Tru Weed Smoka. We didn't tolerate him, and we won't tolerate anyone else. But anyways, now that that is over, lets forget about it all and actually talk about the reason for this thread, Tercero's Anakin model.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Old 01-18-2003, 12:09 AM   #1435
-Tercero-

Hot Topic Starter 
Just thought that I'd say my peace on the whole flaming thing - I really don't care if people flame me about how long this it taking - it honestly is taking forever, and as I have said before, I am very grateful to the people who have waited patiently for me to get this done - they drive me forward to create the best model that I possibly can. As to JKII being used as a coaster when this is done, I honestly can't say that it won't. I am going to take as long as I have to on this one so that when I'm done, Hayden's mother won't be able to tell it's not him. If you don't want to wait for that, the answer is simple - don't.

Also, for those who want to flame me, please do it in a PM. I realize that this is a bit of an invitation, but it's silly to clog the thread and start a flame war. If you're unhappy with my progress and feel the need to voice it, it's much simpler to voice it directly to me and keep the forums free of needless posting.

I'm coming back from my vacation now, so I will be working on the model again. It probably won't progress quickly, but when it's done, it will be worth the wait in my opinion. Sorry about all the delays.

Thanks,
-Tercero-
tercero@mailcity.com

Oh, and Seka - if you're reading this - "Heh heh - this is taking longer than a feature length movie..." - and yes, I know I'm a dork.

Old 01-18-2003, 12:20 AM   #1436
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

I've said it before and I'll say it again : take all the time you need, Terc. I don't know how other people look at it, but when someone takes time to do something for the community (whether it be a model, a map, a mod, skin, whatever) I look at it almost as a personal favor to each and every person in the community. I mean, along comes someone to provide us with something we don't have, or a new way to enjoy the game (and they do it for FREE, no less), and all some people can do is complain. I choose to look at it as doing me a favor, so thanks... i'll continue to support you on this as long as it takes.

Old 01-18-2003, 02:03 AM   #1437
Lord Tnuc

And I as well, of course, Tercy. I absolutely love what you've done with this player model, and I hope that when you're finally done, it will truely be as you say. Then, you can truthfully say that you had created the best model yet. And in doing so, you also created one of the most wanted characters. One of the main characters.
I'm very impressed with the progress that you've had...many people can do models just fine and be done with them and whatnot, but you're taking a model and fine tuning it until it's utterly perfect. And like Aru, I believe that the flamers out there should be thanking you for doing such a thing. Anyways...I d'no if this has been suggested, but have you thought of doing sort of a reskin of him where he looks all tore up and shredded and whatnot..needing to get into his new clothing, which he'll wear for the rest of his life?

Just your friendly neighborhood tnuc!
Lord Tnuc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2003, 05:45 AM   #1438
Darth Vader III

As I said before:
I don't care WHEN the model comes out. I want to see it come out like Tercero wants it to come out.

BTW: Go Terc!!

Old 01-19-2003, 06:15 PM   #1439
Atsuri

Ok, before anyone bashes this message i just want to say that i am NOT sideing with wei or shogun in ANY way. Just that something that Shogun brought up sparked a thought. Tercero, I'm asking you this and however you respond, whatever answer it may be i will trust wholly and unconditionally. Have you hit some sort of a writers-block (for lack of a better term)? Again i am NOT siding with wei or shogun and i am very well AWARE of Tercero's work schedual. Please answer truthfully.
Atsuri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2003, 09:23 PM   #1440
Andy867
McCan Caoma

I can answer truthfully. If you look back to his last few posts, you will have seen that he was been very busy working 50+ hours a week, and he had it rough in the latter part of the year. So I can't blame him for not being able to work on the model as much as he would like to. Just working the 50+/week would be enough for me to say forget the model and come back to it when I am back down to 35-40+/week, then with the extra 15-20 hours extra time, I would be able to devote it to the model and to a social life again So, there, no bashing on my part or flaming, just a truthful answer fom just putting together his previous posts.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Modelling > WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model