lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-12-2002, 10:02 AM   #121
grey_fox_001

Quote:
Originally posted by MaTT[-FcG-]
Ive found a great pic of his face!

http://movieweb.com/movie/starwars2/co2.jpg
As you can see in the comparison pic here:http://www.mathus.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/anakin_2.jpg

your model is making him look a bit too old. He hasnt yet got a jaw that long and low - its still pretty high up. And his nose is also sticking out to much, in the picture, his nose starts further in as it rolls off his eye socket and thn folows your shape. And the end isnt really sticking out that much either. Once you tweak these it will look PERFECT.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Also his chin isnt that big and doesnt have that much of a dent in it. For the size of it, you may aswell not put it in as it makes it look a bit weird.

This is your captain speaking, we have just hit a brief patch of insanity and should be fine in a few moments. Untill then, everyone fasten your seatbelts and please remain calm.

"We can't stop here, this is Bat country!"

"Time to die everyone"
grey_fox_001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 10:15 AM   #122
Andy867
McCan Caoma

actually what might help is make the chin area wider, because you can see the line in the anakin2 pic of the jawline, and it isn't far off from the photo, but between the two, other than the fact one is looking more at an angle(photo), it might help a little if the chin area was widened (just a tad), but that's only for those who want it to look really good, or better Ishould say.. Its already looks great. Keep up the good work tercero.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 10:42 AM   #123
morphius_doh

You can also see that his cheek bones are another facial feature that is missing as well. So, you might want to do some shading to bring out the cheek bones.
morphius_doh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 10:55 AM   #124
Master_Shaddix

SHWEET!

Master_Shaddix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 01:47 PM   #125
Elessil

Tercero - some people have been asking me to drop in here and offer my help skinning this model. I have done the old Anakin skin based on Galak, which was rather popular, and, until the project was more or less dropped, was in charge of skinning Librarian's Anakin model.

If you would like help with skinning, particularly the face, I am more than willing to help you out. But again, only if you want me to. I don't want to intrude or take your work away from you, so if you don't want my help, just say so. But if you do, I'll gladly help.
Elessil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 08:04 PM   #126
keo718
Jedi Council

Tercero, your latest pic (Anakin10) is just about right. You could leave it like that and be fine. However, if you are a perfectionist, I believe if you move in the cheeks even more, and the temples a little more it will be perfect.

"Do or do not. There is no try."

Custom Avatar made by Aru-Wen
keo718 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 09:53 PM   #127
-Tercero-

Hot Topic Starter 
Keo, thanks for the feedback - heh you got to see Anakin10 before it was even posted - I tried to do it before work, but the forums were down so here it is...

http://www.geocities.com/tercero_bootleg/anakin10.txt

or if that's down, try

http://www.geocities.com/anakin_tercero/anakin10.txt

As far as the perfectionsist thing, I'm guilty as charged. I'll probably still be working on this model long after it is released.

Elessil - I do appreciate the offer, but I UVmap my models as they go, using this to line up textures on the fly, and having someone else skin it would take this ability away. I would however really appreciate it if you did some skins of other jedi or even another Anakin skin once the model's UV's are finished, so just tell me the format you want it in and I'll send it to you when it's finished.

Thanks for all the support, and keep the feedback coming!
-Tercero-
tercero@mailcity.com

-Tercero- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 10:21 PM   #128
MaxiNeo

DAMN, that looks awesome, keep up the good work... this is quite possable one of the best looking models I have ever seen... (Believe me, Ive seen them all and have every model released )
MaxiNeo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 10:31 PM   #129
spitfire3228

omg

pure rawness thats all i gotta say rawness and nuttage thats the first actual good looking anakin ive seen all the others were just easier made skins. uve done a really great job i wanna know will this one have custom taunts too?
spitfire3228 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 10:43 PM   #130
Eets
Me > You.

Forum Veteran 
Great job, Tercero! Keep it up!

The only complaint I have is that it seems a bit wide/chunky for Anakin's face...

eets
Eets is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 10:57 PM   #131
Toonces
Raise Hand If Sure!

Looks great Tercero Very good resemblence

If your still looking for help getting him in game let me know. I've gotten 4 models into JO thus far and am rather familiar with the process (only Count Dooku has been released so far)

Toonces
www.drivingcatstudios.com
Powered by Sith
Toonces is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 10:59 PM   #132
"thA dekMan"

I think the hair still looks a little bit fro-ish, but the texture is awesome, and it looks great!

thA one, thA only,
"thA dekMan"

ADD Productions Presents:
Starwars: The Soggy Continues, &
Starwars: The Dasani Begins.

ADD Inc.
Website Still in Progress.
"thA dekMan" is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 11:16 PM   #133
Andy867
McCan Caoma

But if you look at the pictures of Anakin, his hair doesn't exactly lay flat on his head, so the hair being like that is actually a better representation of his hair. But the Hair and face look absolutely AWESOME Tercero...

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:16 PM   #134
-Tercero-

Hot Topic Starter 
Toonces - I'd really appreciate it if you'd help me get this puppy in game - it'll be a while before I get it finshed, but if it would help with bone weighting or anything, I could send you the unfinished version so you can start playing with it.

Oh, as far as sounds, Deetox sent me a great soundpack with 3 custom taunts. The audio quality isn't perfect, but I might be able to clean it up a bit. The hit and jump sounds are really good - they'll probably wind up in the final model without much alteration.

I'm going to try to finish tweaking the head in a day or so, and then I'll move on to skinning the body and finishing up modeling his accessories.

Oh, and if anyone knows of some good, easy to follow shader tutorials, I'd really appreciat a link. I have an idea of what I can do with shaders from texturing render projects, but I'm not quite up to snuff on how Q3 engine handles them.

If I figure them out well enough, I might also release a couple saber models that are pretty shader heavy (reflections, lights, bells and whistles, etc...) -namely the ones he used against Dooku in the movie, as well as his own.

Keep the feedback coming - it's really starting to shape up!
-Tercero-
tercero@mailcity.com

Old 08-12-2002, 11:29 PM   #135
Deetox187

Ya i am sorry about the quality of some of the sounds but it couldn't be avoided, the only source i have is a bootleg of AOTC. There likely won't be a better source until the DVD comes out.
Deetox187 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 11:52 PM   #136
Andy867
McCan Caoma

How Very Intereting....

Shaders on a skin, eh, Tercero... You ARE a perfectionist What kinds of shaders you thinking about doing Tercero? Also, could you do some work with the braid, just so he can look ever more like the padawan Anakin The model looks fantastic..

Old 08-12-2002, 11:52 PM   #137
Mix_Master2k

ehh, you get what you can get , dont woory too much bout sounds, you can always make a v2 release with custom sounds

Old 08-12-2002, 11:54 PM   #138
Mix_Master2k

oh, has anyone ever thought about doing a model of anakin as he is seen has a padawan at the end of episode 1? Using jedimod you could scale him to be a tad bigger then yoda. Just an idea...

Old 08-12-2002, 11:58 PM   #139
Andy867
McCan Caoma

sure, just take this anakin, lop him off at the knees, add feet, lop his arms off at the elbow, add hands, give him a haircut, bleach his hair a little.. Voila, Anakin!!! lol (End Sarcasm)

I don't know Mix, good question...

Old 08-13-2002, 01:32 AM   #140
-Tercero-

Hot Topic Starter 
Andy, for one I want to do shaders on the leather to make it look a little better - something along the lines of Vader's helmet in SithlordII and Cheshire's model. I might also do some on the belt, to make the belt clasp, food capsules, and pouches stand out a bit more. Maybe also on the boots - something like the leather one. The textures are small, so it shouldn't be too big a deal on hardware performance. Oh, and as far as the braid, it'll probably be one of the next things I work on.

Heh heh - with a little dismemberment, you'd have your kid Anakin - what was that server variable again?

As far as saber shaders, I was thinking about making it shiny, and having the little lights on it light up (the power indicator).

My perfectionism reaches new highs as the men in white come to take me away

Ah, well - back to work for me... he will be the most photo-realistic jedi model ever!

-Tercero-
tercero@mailcity.com

Old 08-13-2002, 01:44 AM   #141
Elessil

Looks really awesome! Keep up the great work! I'm starting to believe that there would be not the slightest detail for me to change, anyway!

Just one thing, I'd suggest saturating his hair a little more. The brightness looks about right, but it looks a bit grayish.

If you need any reference shots of head and costume, I uplaoded some for you on my webspace:

http://elessil.members.easyspace.com/anakinref

All shots are from the original costume/actor, except costume10, which is a fan made costume, but I believe it has very good detail.
Elessil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2002, 02:25 AM   #142
Enjoi9187

most photo-realistic?

http://members.cox.net/misterpunch/PloKoon.htm

now you have a challenge, j/j, GREAT MODEL! cant wait till ur done!
Enjoi9187 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2002, 02:44 AM   #143
Toonces
Raise Hand If Sure!

It's all good Tercero, I'd be happy to help you out If the model itself is uvmaped I can segment it and begin to rig it for JKII. If you havent finished the uvmaping yet it's probly best to wait till your a little further along to do all that because the uvmaping often removes the settings in the skin modifier

Toonces
www.drivingcatstudios.com