lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Poem: Journey
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-16-2002, 05:02 PM   #1
Lateralis

Poem: Journey

The past lies dead in the floor. Memories are beaten, black and blue, held in my hand. Whatever was, whatever is, has passed, has gone before. The chance of an end, of proof and vitality flew away on those angel's wings. I have vowed to get them back.

I walk now, I charge into the Valley of Death, of all that I do, and do a thousand times for you. The tears I shed now on dry eyes. Time spent alone is better spent than time wasted with nothing. Time to change, to improve beyond all that I've been. Time to make amends. I will be back.

Time to destroy all the fears and weak parts of me. Time to wipe away the dirt and blood, time to hurt and cry no more. Time to stand up to the darkness and deceit, to cry for all I hold true - "No more!"

There will be but one more, one slender dream, that on which I tread. There will be one last chance to make believe in love, in dreams, in all that may yet be. I will fight to see it so. I will wait and I will see it grow.

The distance now between, space and room to change and heal - words enough I will muster to let you know how I feel. Always with my back to the wall, when I have to fight do I feel tall. I will not let this die, nor I, nor thee. I will be back. So don't forget me.

www.smoking-monkey.org

This is the night. This is the end of one hope, the dawn of another . This is the beginning of all that may yet be. This is solitude. This is moonlight. This is the darkness.

"I will do what I have to do. I will do what I must." - The Sandman.
Lateralis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2002, 01:31 PM   #2
Darth Eggplant
Ambassador MOZ

*snaps*
an excellent poem Lateralis.

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick once and you suck forever
Darth Eggplant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2002, 03:27 PM   #3
Lateralis

cheers man. i thought it stunk after i wrote it.

www.smoking-monkey.org

This is the night. This is the end of one hope, the dawn of another . This is the beginning of all that may yet be. This is solitude. This is moonlight. This is the darkness.

"I will do what I have to do. I will do what I must." - The Sandman.
Lateralis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Blue Casket > Poem: Journey