lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ep2 Mistakes!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-13-2002, 11:22 PM   #41
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

Quote:
Originally posted by PowerBroker
- Jango's head should be visible somewhere in the scene with Boba examining his helmet, but it isn't (at least I think it should be lying on the ground near there).
There was never any head, it was just the shadow of the helmet. Two shadows cast by two light sources.
Emon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2002, 12:50 AM   #42
Admiral Vostok
Lord of Star Wars Purists

First, it won't win an oscar because the Academy doesn't like George and George doesn't like the academy. It's all rubbish anyway. Fancy A Beautiful Mind winning over Fellowship Of The Ring!

Anyway, the biggest mistake for me, which no one else has mentioned is in the duel between Dooku, Obi-Wan and Anakin. I know they chopped it around so much, but it's a continuity error all the same. Right when Dooku is about to cut Obi-Wan when he's lying on the ground and Anakin flys in to save him. In the next shot Obi-Wan throws his saber to Anakin and suddenly Anakin and Dooku are halfway across the room, nowhere near close enough for Dooku to chop Obi-Wan.
Admiral Vostok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2002, 07:07 AM   #43
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
That's right, I did notice that!

Did anyone notice that Padme presses a button on her ship to transmit Obi's message to Coruscant and then presses the exact same button to find out where Geonosis is! Damn, that's one intelligent computer lol, one button does everything!

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2002, 07:56 AM   #44
Keiran Halcyon
The Man Who Lost Ithor

Quote:
Originally posted by Emon

There was never any head, it was just the shadow of the helmet. Two shadows cast by two light sources.
Look, got your DVD or VHS copy of AOtC, search the scene and pause it. You CAN see a nose and a chin (in fact that shadow is so good it looks like a real Jango side view.)

Lexx, maybe it is the button called 'locate-planets-by-voice'... she says the name and locates the planet..... (very unlikely...)

(about Fellowship of the Ring winning best movie award, i would have not liked it - i'm not saying 'A beautiful mind deserved it- but a movie like that or any like star wars, i think. ALthought it also pissd me off that it won best SFX (AI should have) and Score (AI should have again) - the oscars suck anyway.

I, JEDI
Keiran Halcyon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2002, 09:54 AM   #45
Pad
.¬¬.

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by leXX
Did anyone notice that Padme presses a button on her ship to transmit Obi's message to Coruscant and then presses the exact same button to find out where Geonosis is! Damn, that's one intelligent computer lol, one button does everything!
yep i noticed that lexxy.

i got a question also. does mace use different sabres in the movie?
when he ignites his sabre at jango daying the party is over his handle i think is metallic. and when he fight with jango and force pulls his sabre i think its the black 1.

am i blind or not?
Pad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2002, 11:45 AM   #46
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Actually, Emon, Starwars.com confirms that the 2 shadows are one of the helmet and the other being the shadow of Jango's decapitated head.

I can't believe what Ebert said about Star Trek: Nemesis though.
Quote:
Originally posted by SCI-FI Biased Ebert
"There might have been a time when the command deck of Starship Enterprise looked exciting and futuristic, but these days it looks like a communications center for security guards. Starships rocket at light speeds halfway across the universe, but when they get into battles the effect is roughly the same as on board a World War II bomber. Fearsome death rays strike the Enterprise, and what happens? Sparks fly out from the ceiling and the crew gets bounced around in their seats like passengers on the No. 36 bus. This far in the future they wouldn't have sparks because they wouldn't have electricity, because in a world where you can beam matter--beam it, mind you--from here to there, power obviously no longer lives in the wall and travels through wires.
Umm.. HELLO EBERT. YOU NEED POWER TO POWER THE TRANSPORTER!!!!Obviously, Ebert doesn't know a rats ass about electricity, Physics, or basic science for that matter!

anyway, back on Topic, nothing to see here people.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2002, 06:38 PM   #47
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Another reason not to like critics.....

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2002, 05:04 PM   #48
covenant_bad

Quote:
Originally posted by leXX
That's right, I did notice that!

LMAO i noticed that and was like ''what the...''

For death and glory. The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the Deep one last time! Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath! Now for ruin! And the Red Dawn!
covenant_bad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2002, 07:04 AM   #49
Purple_Tentacle

Quote:
No, it looks more like that button traces where a signal has come from. both times that she presses the button the display shows images of geonisis and obiwans starfighter which is on geonosis.

that button does the same thing both times she presses it.

they must have organised the message to be sent to coruscant before that scene started because the jedi council had gathered and were waiting for it.

Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're and astronaut on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham!, you just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
Try this on for size.
Purple_Tentacle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2002, 05:49 PM   #50
Pad
.¬¬.

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
i asked this a bit earlier but as i didnt get a reply i ask it again cause its really buggin me.

does mace use different sabres in the movie?
when he ignites his sabre at jango saying the party is over, his handle i think is metallic.
and when he fight with jango and force pulls his sabre i think its the black 1.

am i blind or not?
Pad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2002, 05:24 PM   #51
Bob Gnarly
Chilled

here are some i found excuse me if you heard these already

In the arena fight scene Senator Amandala climbs to the top of a large post to escape a menacing insect-like creature. She cries out in pain when attacked with a chain by this creature. The chain leaves a mark on her back. In later scenes in that same arena, she doesn't have the mark. It just disappeared!

Just before the giant catlike attacks padme she is wearing a dress uniform, immediately after the creature claws her back she is wearing a tank top. If the creature just scratched her at the back then why is her uniform so neatly cut all the way around. I guess Lucas thought it would be cool to show some skin. I agree with him, though

When Obi-Wan enters the bar and meets the big Dexter guy with 4 arms wait untill they sit down and start talking- once they do pay attention to the background behind Dexter. Sebulba will run into the booth- cool, then watch again because Sebubla will do it again! He will do it the same exact way! Behind Obi-Wan there is a Greedo! Cool huh?

When Obi-Wan talks to the old woman in the universal library, she is smiling in the close-ups, but not in the wide shots.

When Obi Wan sends the message for help to Anakin and Amidala, Amidala presses a red button in order to transmit the message to the Jedi council. A minute later she presses the same red button in order to view a map of a galaxy, without first doing anything which might be expected to change the function of the button.

Directly after the scene in which Anakin is getting directions to the Tusken Raider camps from the Jawas, it cuts to a shot of a huge rock spire on Geonosis. It starts at the peak and the camera slowly works its way down to the bottom, where Obi-Wan Kenobi is. About halfway down the spire, there appears to be a man (or something humanoid) standing on a ledge (It's fairly small, you really need to be searching for it). The spire seems to be a CGI (Computer Generated Image), I wonder if Lucas had a friend who wanted to be in the movie and they pasted his image on the rock or something... All I know is that there appears to be someone standing there.

i didnt find them they where on a bunch of sites i found

[RAA] Private
Bob Gnarly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2002, 05:51 PM   #52
Andy867
McCan Caoma

apparently Boss you didn't read just 3 posts above yours, or you would have seen the one about the famous Padme button. Next time try reading the whole thread before posting something. (less congestion of repeated topics that way)

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2002, 07:46 PM   #53
Bob Gnarly
Chilled

Quote:
Originally posted by ßoss
here are some i found excuse me if you heard these already...
i already said something about that Andy

[RAA] Private
Bob Gnarly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2002, 08:42 PM   #54
teutonicknight
Morpheus

Quote:
Originally posted by Keiran Halcyon
The Jango pumping his head on the ship was made intentionally, since he is CGI (i think)[/B]
CG? Um... ok... I was under the influence that Jango was shot in Live Action except for the flying scene where he drags Obi.

Yup, you said it. ILM does the best CG Effects

"Unfortunatly, no one can be told what The Matrix is... you have top see it for yourself."

2003: Year of The Matrix!
teutonicknight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2002, 08:45 AM   #55
Keiran Halcyon
The Man Who Lost Ithor

Jango is CGI when :

He flies, he says to anakin ' dont move, JEdi' (dont ask me why), the reel is killed and he jumps for it. and i really think that the Slave I and head pump has to be (since there are close ups that are CGI)

I, JEDI
Old 12-22-2002, 12:00 AM   #56
Admiral Vostok
Lord of Star Wars Purists

Yeah most of those are CG and a few more. There's a lot in the Arena and when fighting Obi-Wan on Kamino. In the Kamino bits, Obi-Wan's CG most of the time too!

Yeah I forgot about Padme's button thing. I did notice that.

Another bit I don't like (but isn't necessarily a mistake) is during the funeral on Tatooine. In the first wide shot you can see Padme's ship but no Artoo, then after a couple of short speeches, suddenly Artoo has gone all the way from the ship to the farm in a couple of seconds. And the editing around this bit is a tad annoying, because we see Artoo get Obi-Wan's message, then we've got the scene with Padme and Anakin in the garage, then another scene I think, then the funeral. Maybe the time is a bit jumbled but it still seems like Artoo took a couple of hours just to figure out how to get out of the ship then he trundled over the sand in 5 seconds flat.
Admiral Vostok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2002, 11:49 AM   #57
Keiran Halcyon
The Man Who Lost Ithor

Quote:
Originally posted by Boss
[B]

When Obi-Wan enters the bar and meets the big Dexter guy with 4 arms wait untill they sit down and start talking- once they do pay attention to the background behind Dexter. Sebulba will run into the booth- cool, then watch again because Sebubla will do it again! He will do it the same exact way! Behind Obi-Wan there is a Greedo! Cool huh?
He is not sebulba. And there are at least 2 dugs when obi wans sits. Not mistake in there, i think.

I, JEDI
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Ep2 Mistakes!