lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Is it possible to switch key configs is game?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-01-2002, 01:33 PM   #1
Admiral_Ant

Is it possible to switch key configs is game?

Ok, after playing promod 3 all morning(kicks ass!) I realized how much eaiser it would be if I could assign 2 keys to switch between 2 copies of my jk2confg, one with a key setup for jedi/sith and another with a key setup for a gunner/merc. Is there anything out that can do that? or is it even possible? Any information would be greatly appericated.
Thanks in advance!
Admiral_Ant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2002, 01:46 PM   #2
zerowingzero

This is the way i did it, i'm sure there is a better way.

First, make your gunner .cfg, then apply it in game, go to your promod 3 folder, copy, paste and name it something easy to remember like "gun.cfg", then make sure it's in the promod 3.0 folder!! Then, go in game and make your jedi .cfg, same process as above, name it something easy to remember.

After you have all your cfgs, while in game open the console and type /exec x.cfg where x is what you called your cfg. You can try binding that to a buttion but it doesnt seem to work for me...
zerowingzero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2002, 01:46 PM   #3
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

EDIT: Uh.. ZWZ...you're a quick one aren't you..

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2002, 01:46 PM   #4
PowerBroker

You can write two scripts. Each script binds each and every command to the key you want it to be bound to. Then you bind each script to an unused key, and by pressing that key you can activate that keyboard setup.

"Powerful you have become, Dooku. The
dark side I sense in you." Yoda, Attack of
the Clones, Chapter 46.
PowerBroker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2002, 02:06 PM   #5
Admiral_Ant

thanks!

cool! thanks alot Zerowing, I'll give it a try soon!

edit: ok i set them up as merc.cfg and jedi.cfg and they are in my promod folder....however when im in a server with bots(havn't tried with people yet) and i goto console and type "exec jedi.cfg"
it tells me it cant execute the file....i did it just as ya said and im a bit confused right now.....any ideas?
thanks again

EDIT #2: lol...never mind above, hehe, i had a spelling error in ym config...heh Works perfect now, thank you again!

Last edited by Admiral_Ant; 12-01-2002 at 02:52 PM.
Admiral_Ant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Is it possible to switch key configs is game?