lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Thoughts on promod
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-09-2002, 10:46 AM   #41
t3rr0r
Goblet of Fire

Quote:
Originally posted by ArtifeX
Nope, sorry. All the acrobatic moves are Jedi-only skills. It'd be kinda hard to roll around on the ground with any dexterity with 50+ pounds of weapons and a jetpack strapped to your back.
what if a gunner was jumping from a high enough altitude, i'm sure they would prefer to decrease the damage by rolling when they hit the ground (say this person has no fuel or no jetpack period). how about it could result in dropping the weapon if it is a two handed weapon... as a trade-off?

overlord
t3rr0r is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2002, 10:54 AM   #42
ArtifeX

Quote:
Originally posted by t3rr0r

what if a gunner was jumping from a high enough altitude, i'm sure they would prefer to decrease the damage by rolling when they hit the ground (say this person has no fuel or no jetpack period). how about it could result in dropping the weapon if it is a two handed weapon... as a trade-off?
I'm pretty sure that any gunners who are falling are willing to take some falling damage in exchange for keeping their weapon. Falling damage for a jetpacker is pretty uncommon anyway, as even a small burst will be enough to take the brunt of your downward velocity.

Artifex *ASC*
ArtifeX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2002, 11:01 AM   #43
t3rr0r
Goblet of Fire

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that any gunners who are falling are willing to take some falling damage in exchange for keeping their weapon.
they could always switch to a one handed weapon prior to rolling.

overlord
Old 12-09-2002, 11:10 AM   #44
ArtifeX

Quote:
Originally posted by t3rr0r

they could always switch to a one handed weapon prior to rolling.
That's true, but that would be a pretty big handicap to the gunner class when things are nearly balanced at this point. You'll have to check out the Lazarous vs. Nutritious demo that we recorded on Sat. night. I've got Nutritions converting it to a video format for release on jkii.net

Artifex *ASC*
Old 12-09-2002, 03:47 PM   #45
zerowingzero

Quote:
Originally posted by MMXP
*Remembers Nut's CLASSIC kill by repeated baton shocks to the testicular region on ZWZ...* Hilarious. Sick as all hell though.

Nooooo! I had 13 hp left! I was in mid swing! There was some lag! Ahh! I'll never live it down!!
zerowingzero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2002, 03:48 PM   #46
Wolf Devil

I think he's talking about the one where you had just respawned and weren't doin nothin...

Forum Name: Wolf Devil
Zone Name: __Sinkaro__
Zone Name 2:__WolfDevil__
In-game Name: Sinkaro(TM)
Wolf Devil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2002, 04:24 PM   #47
zerowingzero

No i was actually killed mid fight, he had momentum from the jetpack and i had previously gotten my hp down from some other fights... bah.

Anyway, gunners have the jetpack for landings and jedi hae roll to reduce damage, something that Laz doesnt know according to the demo i saw on Ns_streets
zerowingzero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2002, 06:26 PM   #48
DeTRiTiC-iQ

I've a feeling Nutritious would have performed significantly better against Lazarous had the kill limit been higher. Saberists can jump right into the game and start killing right away, Gunners have to take a few minutes to get into the flow of the game and start racking up kills.

I've played many games where i've played dreadfully for the first 5 minutes or so (ie 0 kills or even negatives), then proceeded to win the game by about 10-15 kills.

The trick to gunning (in my experience) is to get into a rhythm, something which can't be done with low kill limits Heck on a FFA server even 30 kills isn't long enough to really get going.
DeTRiTiC-iQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2002, 07:14 PM   #49
Wolf Devil

*shakes head* I seem to remember last night you had your chat icon up and were in one of the spawn points of ns_hideout and nu camp up and started zappin you repeatedly.. Tabris? You saw it, right?

Old 12-09-2002, 07:54 PM   #50
Moradivh

Detritic: I agree that in a big FFA gunners require more time to get their groove on (and at the end of it they tend to dominate). But remember that Nutri and Laz were playing 1v1 on some big maps. This gave Nutri alot more time to fall back until he felt he was ready. The games went on for a while.

It took Nutritious all of two deaths before he started toasting Laz consisently, and that's after Laz had been warming up against lesser gunners (and a couple saberists) for almost an hour. Their first game was about 5-2. The next two rounds after that were both around 5-1. I believe Laz won one 4-5, and then lost a couple more heavily.

I'm sure I got a few things in the score wrong. Anyone who remembers (and cares) can correct me. That's basically how it went though.

EDIT: one more thing... Nutritious didn't start fighting the second he logged in. He was able to spend around 15-20 minutes watching Laz slay everyone else on the server, and in so doing calculate how Laz plays and work out his tactics.

Last edited by Moradivh; 12-09-2002 at 08:05 PM.
Moradivh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2002, 10:05 AM   #51
ArtifeX

My bet is that once I have 3.1 done (it's well on its way already), Laz is going to want a rematch.

What's done
I've fixed several bugs already, including:
- the "promodbeta3" directory bug
- the jetpack not refuelling on a respawn
- the bots no longer get free force fields and Seeker Drones
- saber-only duels get no free equipment
- Lightning has been given more range at all levels
- the \kill command now cancels if you die before the 10 seconds are up
- the ctf flagstatus icons have been raised up to not be blocked by the CSC bonus meters
- the jetpack fuel gauge no longer draws while you're spectating.

What's left
- Lightning will destroy mechanical explosives in midair.
- Wookie Bowcaster will get a shotspeed increase of 50%
- Jetpackers will no longer be able to jet when in a falldown animation.
- Jetpack may get a very slight decrease in fuel, along with a very slight increase in the thrusting power.
- Bot files are being customized to keep bots in character (Desann or any other Jedi class won't use a Missile Launcher, even if they pick it up).
- Possibly turning on the Saga gametype. I need to see if there's anyone with some existing Saga maps that work correctly.

Artifex *ASC*
Old 12-10-2002, 10:12 AM   #52
Wolf Devil

Quote:
- Lightning will destroy mechanical explosives in midair
Lightning is gonna destroy det packs and mines too, right?

Quote:
- Bot files are being customized to keep bots in character (Desann or any other Jedi class won't use a Missile Launcher, even if they pick it up).
Hold up now: 3.1 is gonna allow bots to the ability to be true to the mod? Cuz I can remember playin an ffa on death star and I remember a bot I made myself using lvl4 demp primary with level 3 lightning!! Serious voltage!!!!!

Quote:
- Possibly turning on the Saga gametype. I need to see if there's anyone with some existing Saga maps that work correctly.
Theres only one saga map to my knowledge which is on JK2files.com

Old 12-10-2002, 10:37 AM   #53
t3rr0r
Goblet of Fire

Quote:
well the only released saga map i know of is anchorhead, which is a great map. i even have some replacement textures that reduce the obvious pattern on the rocks.

can you look at the problem of guns not auto-switching when one is pulled away?

overlord
Old 12-10-2002, 10:47 AM   #54
Wolf Devil

He explained that on the bugs forum.

ANOUNCEMENT TO ARTIFEX: Please clean out your PM box. Thank you

Last edited by Wolf Devil; 12-10-2002 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:22 PM   #55
ksk h2o

the anchorhead saga map is pretty darn cool. I haven't gotten around to playing with other players so I dont know how the saga gametype plays in MP yet, but it sounds interesting.
ksk h2o is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2002, 01:08 PM   #56
Wolf Devil

I've never played it since I was warned the level would be too laggy on my computer, so I steered clear

Last edited by Wolf Devil; 12-10-2002 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:25 PM   #57
Moradivh

About the bowcaster. When you say "shotspeed increase" do you mean its firing rate or the speed of the bolts themselves? I was talking to Nutritious about this last night, while we discovered the jetpack bug. Nutri's happy with the bowcaster's firing rate right now, but he wishes the bolts would move a little faster to make it more accurate.

As it stands, he was competing for 1st place using only RICOCHET shots from the bowcaster to get his kills. This lasted several maps, sooo much fun to watch.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:39 PM   #58
ArtifeX

Quote:
Originally posted by Moradivh
About the bowcaster. When you say "shotspeed increase" do you mean its firing rate or the speed of the bolts themselves? I was talking to Nutritious about this last night, while we discovered the jetpack bug. Nutri's happy with the bowcaster's firing rate right now, but he wishes the bolts would move a little faster to make it more accurate.

As it stands, he was competing for 1st place using only RICOCHET shots from the bowcaster to get his kills. This lasted several maps, sooo much fun to watch.
I'm talking about the velocity of the bolts themselves. The firing rate will remain the same.

Artifex *ASC*
Old 12-10-2002, 01:41 PM   #59
Moradivh

Supah!!!
Old 12-10-2002, 04:05 PM   #60
Wolf Devil

Quote:
As it stands, he was competing for 1st place using only RICOCHET shots from the bowcaster to get his kills.
That's alot easier in maps with more shaders that reflect blast to begin with.. Like duel_hangar. I've only managed to do that in vanilla and sp, Kejim: That part where the mouse comes out of the small generator room, and then off the left of where you enter theres a red forcefield which you can shoot for some good backshots.. though thats kinda easy to do vs a non-saber wielding opponent.

Old 12-12-2002, 11:32 PM   #61
Moradivh

Hey Art, I don't know if you're adding alot of balance changes to 3.1, but could you take a look at blue stance? As I've said before, it really doesn't counter anything right now. I don't think blue's hit detector thingy works, so the best it can ever do is 30 damage, which pales in comparison to the 55-110 medium swing it's supposed to counter. Yellow and red beat blue every time, unless your opponent sucks or you take them completely off-guard.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:53 AM   #62
ArtifeX

Quote:
Hey Art, I don't know if you're adding alot of balance changes to 3.1, but could you take a look at blue stance? As I've said before, it really doesn't counter anything right now. I don't think blue's hit detector thingy works, so the best it can ever do is 30 damage, which pales in comparison to the 55-110 medium swing it's supposed to counter. Yellow and red beat blue every time, unless your opponent sucks or you take them completely off-guard.

Blue's strength was intended to either be as a finisher after landing a Red hit, or as a 1v1 finesse style. Trying to use Blue in FFA is probably not a good idea, as it will take you a while to whittle down anothe jedi's health, and you'll probably get shot by a gunner before you can finish the duel.

I'll make sure to take a look at it. Though as you know, Red is trumps blue, so that's going to be a tough battle no matter what. I will take a look at the blue vs. yellow though. I might get you to help me with a little damage testing.

Artifex *ASC*
Old 12-13-2002, 01:01 PM   #63
Moradivh

I'd be happy to. Red definitely counters blue right now. The problem is that yellow does too.
Old 12-13-2002, 04:02 PM   #64
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel

LFN Staff Member 
Oh yes, Art, I had a few ideas...

1) Could you POSSIBLY make Speed use Force as long as it's in use ala Absorb, and not automatically take off half your Force? I honestly think Speed is currently a semi waste of force power to execute...

2) A gameplay idea. Make Protect invisible like Absorb, onmly very loud, and it flickers when hit. I mean, as it stands always on Protect apparently lags some comps, it looks stupid, plus who would sanely fight a saber vs. saber battle when the other guy has Protect on in plain sight?
Lathain Valtiel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2002, 12:26 PM   #65
ArtifeX

New Promod Forums open

Everybody check out http://www.oculis.org/promod for some site updates. I've gotten my own forum from Ikonboard.com, and we can start directing all of the suggestions/bug reports to there now. I'll still be monitoring lucasforums like normal though.

Artifex *ASC*
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Thoughts on promod