lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: JK2 wont update servers now.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-19-2002, 10:05 PM   #1
Awetopsy

Unhappy JK2 wont update servers now.

sorry to post this here if its the wrong forum, but something weird is going on with my JK2....

When I got home from work today, I rebooted my machine, and my Antiviral Toolkit pro told me that my licence had run out... I dont know if this is related but it told me that no more downloading updates would be possible.

anyways I thought Oh well gotta get a new Virus scanner I guess, and decided to start playing JK2. So when I went into JK2 multiplayer I went to "join a game" and while in the servers menu I accidentally pressed the "view empty" so that it now said no. so I clicked it back to yes and when I tried to update servers, nothing happened. It just sits there saying, "geting server info" and sits there and sits there etc.

now.. Im not certain that its related to the antiviral toolkit prop thing.. but it happened about the same time, or if I accidentally clicked something within Jedi that triggered this.. but Im getting a little worried.

so I thought, worst case scenario I have to re-install JK2 and when I had eshausted all of my other ideas... I decided to re-install... so after re-installing and updating back to 1.04 and starting it up it still just sits there "getting server info"....

any ideas? any help? Im desperate.. please.

thanx.

maybe later.
Awetopsy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2002, 03:54 AM   #2
ksk h2o

The in game, server browser does that when the master servers are out. Depending on your country you will be connecting to different master servers to get your serverlist, so not everyone will be having the problem at the same time.

You should try using "Qtracker" or "All Seeing Eye" to find games. They'll work when this happens and will allways find more games than the in-game browser.
ksk h2o is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2002, 03:58 AM   #3
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...826#post957826

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2002, 10:45 AM   #4
Awetopsy

oh i c... im glad its not something I did.. thanx for the help guys.. i really appreciate it

It works fine now, it musta been the master server.

thank you, thank you thank you.

-awe

maybe later.
Awetopsy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > JK2 wont update servers now.