lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Is it just me or does this game look alot like Rogue Squadron???
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-18-2000, 03:44 PM   #1
Brian29

Post Is it just me or does this game look alot like Rogue Squadron???

Judging from some of the screenshots I have seen. This game looks very similiar to Rogue Squadron??? Does this mean that Roque Squadron 2 will really be Battle for Naboo with the addition of xwings and Tie Fighters????

Just curious to know what you all think!!
Look at some of the screenshots and compare for yourself
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2000, 07:02 PM   #2
Dave Maul

Well, it's made by the sma eguys (Factor 5), so it would obviously bear some resemblence to the latter...
Old 12-18-2000, 11:45 PM   #3
DarthGohan1016

Well I got the game at 12:00 A.M. this afternoon, and five hours later, I've beaten it, my opinion of this game is that, it's a decent game, but not nearly as good as RS, I'll explain,

BfN has far larger landscapes than RS, but far less detailed, the same colour of green, is all the moutains and lands are made up of, it gets dull, the ships in BfN are nice looking same as RS, but the fighters from RS would wipe the floor with the ships from BfN, becuz in RS, they are faster, and more agile than the ones in BfN...

Now lacking popular SW characters, I found the game lacking in plot, so the plot is mild...

And over all, I'd say the guys at Factor five popped this game out same as JPB, not much time or detail was put into it, atleast not nearly as much time as was put into RS..

Ign gave BfN a higher score than RS, I feel it should have gotten a lower score, for RS is much better...

the space/orbit missions were cool... but hard, which I don't mind a challenge...

I say rent it before you buy it... unlike me *smacks self* Ouch!
Old 12-19-2000, 12:58 AM   #4
Brian29

Ya I was looking at Lucas Arts website to see if there was anything new in regards to there supposed two big new game announcements, when I clicked on their weekly screenshot which just happened to be from the Battle for Naboo.

When looking at the screenshot I couldn't help but notice how much it looked like Roque Squadron. I am PC game player, so I wont be buying this game anyways. I just couldn't help but point out the way that both those games look!!

[This message has been edited by Brian29 (edited December 18, 2000).]
Old 12-21-2000, 09:31 PM   #5
Garindan

what about the "dynamic difficulty adjustment"? was that just a bunch of hype, or do the enemies actually get harder?
Old 12-24-2000, 09:00 PM   #6
DarthGohan1016

There's code just as in RS, that if you put in the code it does make it harder, but the enemies AI isn't any harder, in away it's simpler than the enemies in RS, in BfN, there are like four groups of about 10 droid fighters they all fly in the same direction huddled together, so I just fly low, get behind them and start firing, and poof they're gone....
Old 12-27-2000, 11:53 PM   #7
Garindan

i think i'll wait for this game to drop below $40 then.
Old 12-30-2000, 01:50 PM   #8
Jedi SuperBuen

Yeah just like RS for the N64 is now like 50$CAN which means like 30$US

Still havin't bought it yet though...

------------------
Master of Puppets, I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams...
Jedi SuperBuen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > Episode I: Battle For Naboo > Is it just me or does this game look alot like Rogue Squadron???