lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Bowling for Columbine
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-31-2002, 07:45 AM   #1
BooJaka

Bowling for Columbine

Hello. I was just looking through the internet and came across the film Bowling for Columbine. Has anyone seen this film? If so, what's it like? I saw the trailer and it looked quite good and some guy said it was "hilarious". Then I read a review and they said it was a documentary about firearms in America. So, naturally, I'm confused. The more important question however is: is it the kind of film you can take a date to?
BooJaka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2002, 07:56 AM   #2
MrManager
;-*

LFN Staff Member 
I actually didn't catch the movie in the theaters, but I do know it is a documentary, and it'll probably make you laugh if you agree with Michael Moore or at least can see things from his point of view. I doubt it's much of a date movie though.

Read The Mojo!
MrManager is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2002, 07:58 AM   #3
BooJaka

Oh man. My local cimema sucks. Any suggestions?
Old 12-31-2002, 11:24 AM   #4
elTee
beatnik

The International House of Mojo Staff LFN Staff Member 
That is a documentary, but it is edited in a way to show like it has a plot - Michael Moore goes to see this guy: the guy tells him that he needs to talk to that guy, so they go - Oh NO! They aren't allowed in, etc etc.

LucasTones - LT - elTee
The International House of Mojo - writing long-winded gibberish increasingly infrequently
elTee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2002, 02:47 PM   #5
Cookie3118

yup

Yes, it's a documentary. No, it's not really a date film . . . the first half of the film hilariously presents the subject at hand. The second half gets it down to the nitty-gritty and is far more serious, presenting the real dilemma. Quite interesting and I highly recommend it.
Cookie3118 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2002, 03:41 PM   #6
BooJaka

So, any ideas on what I could take a date to see which is at English cinemas which isn't Lord Of The Rings?

I need your help
Old 01-01-2003, 01:26 AM   #7
Gabez

Last time I checked, there was a movie called Anija and Me... or something. Well itís supposed to be quite good.
Gabez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2003, 02:45 AM   #8
Mort-Hog
Rookie

TTT is a good bet, especially if you're both ner...gee...I mean, quite intellectual.
Mort-Hog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2003, 04:23 AM   #9
BooJaka

We've both seen TTT and, even though the nearest cinema has 14 or so screens, it isn't showing Anija & Me (I don't even know what that is).

Damn those Warner Brothers.
Old 01-02-2003, 03:49 AM   #10
Gabez

Well it's probably stopped showing now. Or maybe I just made it up.

Mmm... Is that James Bond film still around? That's quite fun.
Gabez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2003, 04:09 AM   #11
guybrush guy

off subject movie

there is a new movie out called "Max" it looks rather interesting. It's about Hitler in his younger years. It takes place when he was a young painter. the story depicts on how he slowley went insane. I was wondering if anybody has seen this movie, if they have would they be kind enough to tell me how it was?

i'm not bald, i just have a realy high widows peek...... i also look good in hats
guybrush guy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2003, 03:46 AM   #12
Metallus
Episodic!

Old News! LFN Staff Member Notable contributor Forum Veteran 
Bowling for Columbine is a terrific film. It really gets people talking. Unfortunately, not enough people have seen it who have posted in this thread. It's still in theatres in some places, but expect to have to take a drive to another town to see it. It's worth it, though.

Guy.
Metallus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2003, 12:49 AM   #13
Sarah
Tetris Attack Guru

I saw B for C twice in theater, laughed, cried, etc. Completely drank the kool-aid.

I have mixed feelings about Michael Moore, but a lot of them are really really positive. He's a generous soul. He did a book signing at my university, and it was, in all honesty, the most inspiring oratory I've ever heard.

Hundreds of people showed up. Even though it was his second book signing and speech of the day, he sat in the auditorium until well after midnight, making sure that every person in line got a chance to get their books signed and shake his hand (and meanwhile sign a petition to get out student government ousted -- long story, heh).

What's more, he played the first half or so of his movie for free while people waited in line. (Not to mention a few episodes of The Awful Truth.)

I was taken aback at this generosity... whatever his motives are, they're clearly not monetary.

Thirsty for distance.
Sarah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2003, 09:23 AM   #14
spoon_man

Michael Moore is a god and Bowling For Columbine is probably the greatest film to come out in 2002.
spoon_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > Off-Topic Mayhem > Bowling for Columbine