lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help with creating an Internet server game please
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-06-2003, 03:20 PM   #1
Jetski

Help with creating an Internet server game please

Can anyone help me, I've tried to set up a server on the internet, which involved me going through the create server with in Jedi Knight Outcast. However, when I go to my PC upstairs and try to join the server via the internet the server name does not appear in the server list to join. Obvoiusly it appears if I change to LAN but I would have thought I would have been able to see the server in the list from the upstairs PC. All I'm trying to do is be reassured that the game is appearing in the list so that I can sit there and wait for some opponants!

Also in the advanced options of creating a server what should I set the min & max ping to?

Can anyone help me with this
Jetski is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2003, 05:32 PM   #2
Admiral_Ackbar8

try making a pure and dedicated server but you cannot play on a dedicated server
only other people can
Admiral_Ackbar8 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2003, 05:42 PM   #3
Jetski

I've tried that

Thanks for replying. I've tried that and that works fine but of course what I want to do is join in.

Any other ideas?

Quote:
Originally posted by Admiral_Ackbar8
try making a pure and dedicated server but you cannot play on a dedicated server
only other people can
Old 01-10-2003, 06:51 PM   #4
Admiral_Ackbar8

have you tried a pure server???
im not an expert on game servers though
Admiral_Ackbar8 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2003, 04:14 AM   #5
Jetski

Pure Server

Yes, that's the only I generally pick. I've downloaded the latest update 1.04 so I will see if that makes any differance. I notice now there are loads more servers listed.

Quote:
Originally posted by Admiral_Ackbar8
have you tried a pure server???
im not an expert on game servers though
Old 01-11-2003, 05:11 AM   #6
FK|FallenOne
Banned

try going to FAVORITES, and ADD NEW FAVORITE, and just put in the iport.

Also you should think about using JEDI RUNNER for the server as the basic "create server" option doesn't really configure the server too great.

Then there's also "heartbeat". You have to make sure the server config has the raven master server listed. This will send a "heartbeat" to the master server enabling the server to show up on the in-game browser. JEDI RUNNER can be found in the files section of jediknightii.net and on jk2files.com in the tools sections.
FK|FallenOne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Help with creating an Internet server game please