lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: ...........
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-12-2003, 05:05 PM   #1
Unnamed Jed1

http://www.redcorps.com/lpd.htm

You people really scare me at times.
Unnamed Jed1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2003, 05:07 PM   #2
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

There are only two constants in this world.
1. I kill you.
2. You cry for a lightsabre damage nerf.
BlackDove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2003, 06:11 PM   #3
Break_dF
Banned

.... Thank God, I have a new group of ppl to f*ck w/.
Break_dF is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2003, 06:28 PM   #4
ksk h2o

wow we have found a new low
ksk h2o is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2003, 06:31 PM   #5
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I don't get it... is this real? :|

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2003, 06:37 PM   #6
Unnamed Jed1

Quote:
Originally posted by AB_Legion
I don't get it... is this real? :|
Yes I kid you not.
If you use GSA (GameSpy Arcade) they actually hang out in the chat lobby "patrolling for lamers"...
Old 01-12-2003, 06:49 PM   #7
FK|FallenOne
Banned

OMFG! Jesus christ it's a game morons, not a way of life. What the hell is happening with today's youth? This is the most ridiculous rpg noob crap I've seen. Things like this is why our community is so freaking fragmented. I'm gonna find these kids and lame them just so I get on their list.
FK|FallenOne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2003, 06:56 PM   #8
Unnamed Jed1

Quote:
Originally posted by FK|FallenOne
I'm gonna find these kids and lame them just so I get on their list.
psst

Spiderman on the convict list...
<---------
Old 01-12-2003, 06:57 PM   #9
DeTRiTiC-iQ

If it wasn't too late for me to get good at Quake 3, I swear i'd abandon this game in an instant.

I can't wait for a new *vanilla* game to play.. JK2 had potential but was ruined by terrible maps, shortage of maps and a complete obsession with roleplaying.
DeTRiTiC-iQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2003, 07:11 PM   #10
lllKyNeSlll

i was elite in jk and ut and was hopoing for UT2k3 to save me, but when i realized it was designed for newbs i gave up. i played jk2 late too sicne i thought it was so slow. even with ragespeed and sj u still can't get no where near the speed of FF oasis strafe running. and the conc. i miss it

http://www.team-image.net/aerophalanx/
http://www.le3l.owns.it

Team aP server - 66.165.108.104:29070

Famous Figures-Francisco d'Anconia, Milady de Winter, Feanor, John Galt, Mr. Crowley, Roger Federer, Martina Hingis, D'Artagnan de Gascony,
lllKyNeSlll is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2003, 07:13 PM   #11
lllKyNeSlll

How they gonna stop us?

Famous Figures-Francisco d'Anconia, Milady de Winter, Feanor, John Galt, Mr. Crowley, Roger Federer, Martina Hingis, D'Artagnan de Gascony,
Old 01-12-2003, 07:39 PM   #12
FK|FallenOne
Banned

They're going to strive to make our lives miserable on servers. ROFLMFAO! Yeah ok.
1. They're all lightside which we all know lacks in 1v1's in 1.04.
2. They probably all suck.
3. I'm gonna search for RED right now and lame them all. BBL.
Old 01-12-2003, 11:29 PM   #13
lllKyNeSlll

falleonone ROFL. they are gonna hate ya

Old 01-13-2003, 12:45 AM   #14
FK|FallenOne
Banned

So what else is new?
Most the community hates me anyways, might as well add a few more.
Old 01-13-2003, 01:21 AM   #15
Khier

riiiiiiight, well it depends on how the "lamers" are laming, i mean if they repeatedly strike people down with the chat box over their heads, or they when they're unarmed or something, i can see where some kind of action should be taken, but i think they may be taking this too far, but then again i really don't know how they do things
Khier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2003, 02:09 AM   #16
wassup

Quote:
If you have to get nasty with someone, remind them, that they are breaking the JK2 honour code, and it is being enforced by the LPD.
What honor code?! These guys are insane...its a fricken game, I think ppl can defend themselves.

Last edited by wassup; 01-13-2003 at 08:13 PM.
wassup is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2003, 03:05 AM   #17
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Jesus..

My first reaction is pretty much like Unnamed Jed1's:

" .................................. "

I've played against RED and RSO (=convicts). Can't remember how they played though.. But next time I'll keep my eyes open.

LOL --> "All games must be played fairly in any situation as it does create annoyances for other players."

Fairly? So if you got a repeater and he has a bryar, you must switch to a bryar too?
If someone is annoyed, you need to change the way you play the game? What if changing the way *I* play annoys *ME*?

"Do not gang up on a person in a death match. The true art of dishonour."

Ummmm...I always though it was kinda fun when some guys ganged up on me or vice versa? Oh well...

I'm not going to nit-pick their code, but oh man; reading this stuff with "honourable" as every other word ... it just makes me want to puke. It's a game FFS! Who do they think they are?! Deciding how a game should be played on the behalf of the whole comminuty! Who the hell made them Police?

I bet they're the ones running those Vulcanus modded servers with 20 people walking around doing nothing except trying to expose "dishonourable" players who actually want to PLAY A GAME when they log on.

I hate clans. It seems they're either these trash-talking egomaniacs (no offense guys ) or holier-than-thou morons who can't separate a Game from real life.

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2003, 03:38 AM   #18
Lord Nemesis

About this Jedi code thing. Only light Jedi would or should abide by it. Where does this leave the dark Jedi? HAHA its not like dark Jedi are "HONERABLE" fighters. Their backstabbing, unfair, would use any means to kill you and WOULD strike you down defenceless. This means that a dark Jedi doing what he is suppost to do is always hacked to bits for it.

"Thats not very Jedi like"

Multiplayer sounds like it kind of sucks in JK2 with humans. The bots are out to kill you regaurdless where as humans have to play by strict laws that forbid them from doing what they should. A Jedi shouldn't be talking while in a fight anyway.
Lord Nemesis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2003, 04:37 AM   #19
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Yes.

But some people don't want to play a game, they want to pretend to be a Jedi and everyone else should act according to their own little Code Of Honour or they start crying like little babies.

On the other hand: some people think it is okay to be a jerk just because the others can't see you hiding behind your daddy's comp.
We are playing against PEOPLE here, not bots.

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:00 AM   #20
FK|FallenOne
Banned

Only assclown RPG noobs play by "codes", real gamers play to win and have their OWN fun. Following codes, rules, etc is teh ghey!

/me goes to search for more RED's to lame, will post shots later.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:25 AM   #21
Lord Nemesis

If I was in a game with humans I wouldn't be a jerk. I'd prefer dueling with someone not jumping around trying to backstab and kill everyone that is chatting. Although I assume there would be alot of jerks out there that would do anything just to get a higher score than everyone else by doing things that put others off. If I were in a game with humans I would at first stay my force powers and play a defencesive role. And whatever anyone used on me I would use it right back at them. If they tried things on me that I didn't like the thing to do would be do it back to them or find a way to counter it. I can see it being very annoying being constantly pushed into a bottomless hole all the time. I'd prefer a good saber clash.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:50 AM   #22
Unnamed Jed1

I screw with people and trash talk like a drunken sailor.
That said it is just in fun, much in the way a comedian screws with his audience. I have never meant a person harm or gone so far as to insult people with racial slurs or religious defamation.

I have no problem with RPG stuff, and really I have no problem with people role playing in JK2. Where my problem lies is these people tend to frequent servers where others are NOT role playing and try to enforce it on them. To some of us it is just a video game, much in the way Quake or Unreal Tournament is. We play to kill stuff and blow **** up.

Where I also see this "honor" crap tossed up most frequently is when someone "tries" to win, fails and cries that they were "lamed".

Go to the FotS server sometime to see what I mean.
They have full Force enabled and will come right up and drill you regardless of typing, saber down, whatever.

Now surprise them and beat the Hell out of them (not a difficult task) using anything other than a saber and you are called a scripter/lamer/Force whore and kicked (or banned in the case of most of clan SF).

I mean really people, "DO NOT ATTACK THE UNARMED" messages on the motd?

What is the worst that can happen, a video game character dies and re spawns? They were not playing to begin with so who cares if they "die"? No one got hurt, no lives were destroyed, no children hurt.

Yes people can be ******** online, a perfect example is the drop bug on duel servers. Having someone drop you back into spec mode after waiting 15 minutes to play is quite frustrating. But in the end it is no more harmful than a prank call on the telephone.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:43 AM   #23
zerowingzero

<insert link to *ASC* here>
zerowingzero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2003, 10:56 AM   #24
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

Quote:
Originally posted by zerowingzero
http://www.oculis.org/asc/

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
Old 01-13-2003, 11:44 AM   #25
DeTRiTiC-iQ

Quote:
Originally posted by Luc Solar
Fairly? So if you got a repeater and he has a bryar, you must switch to a bryar too?
If someone is annoyed, you need to change the way you play the game? What if changing the way *I* play annoys *ME*?
Hell yes, I would choose the bryar over the repeater everytime if facing a repeater or bryar user.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:47 AM   #26
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

If you have good aim and your opponent isn't using a saber, the bryar is one of the most deadly guns available.

Old 01-13-2003, 02:10 PM   #27
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
Hell yes, I would choose the bryar over the repeater everytime if facing a repeater or bryar user.
Argh! I *knew* someone would say that the moment I had posted it!

...was just trying to make a point...as you know.

But let me rephrase:

If you notice that your opponent is wounded or does not have as much shields as you do, you must use explosives or jump down from great heights in order to lower you hp and shields so that the upcoming fight would be honourable.

There. Much better, yes?

I like the bryar too.

Old 01-13-2003, 02:58 PM   #28
Jolts

all I have to put my mind to rest after seeing that site is the known fact they their normal daily real life must be a complete hell. I think these guys need girlfreinds, or to be beaten harder in school by their assigned bully.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2003, 03:17 PM   #29
DeTRiTiC-iQ

They assign bullies now?

Do the bullies have their own union too?
Old 01-13-2003, 03:19 PM   #30
ksk h2o

they probably would have a hard time getting their hands on me since when I play basejk I use a blank name, am invisible most of the time (for people not using seeing) and kick non stop.

but It would definitely make my day to run into these clowns...

fortunately and unfortunately these things dont exist in promod universe
Old 01-13-2003, 04:53 PM   #31
Break_dF
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ksk h2o
they probably would have a hard time getting their hands on me since when I play basejk I use a blank name, am invisible most of the time (for people not using seeing) and kick non stop.

but It would definitely make my day to run into these clowns...

fortunately and unfortunately these things dont exist in promod universe
I usually use a blank name and go to random FFA servers and time how long it takes for them the kick me... It's rather entertaining. I was at the CFA server yesterday and up against 4 of their clanners...well, needless to say, they died. I was labeled a "lamer," and when the admin got on he said " come here fag, after I kick your ass I'm gonna ban you." Well...luckily for me, I'm not a noob and although the whole idiot server ganged up on me, I managed to kill them all...again. Of course, I was kicked...oh well. Similar things happen to me on the AP, BS and FotS servers... it's very gratifying to enter one of these so-called servers and be kicked 4-5 times every 3 hours...
Break_dF is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2003, 06:40 AM   #32
ksk h2o

Hehe.... I can just see them throwing their tantrum at you. Plus if the admin doesn't know how to kick with a client number (not surprising since most admins seem to be about nine years old these days) he'll be having a hell of a time figuring out the correct color combination and spaces in your name
Old 01-14-2003, 06:59 AM   #33
FK|FallenOne
Banned

For two days I've searched for these guys, this RED clan. I've yet to see them on ANY server. I want to whore and lame them but they're never online. GRRRRRR.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:51 AM   #34
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Keep looking, man. Don't you dare give up!

I bet they're on European servers.. British perhaps? I think I've seen some [RED]'s and I never play on US-servers because of my crappy ping. Maybe there's some info on the site UJ linked?

Good luck. You'll find them....you'll find them.

Old 01-14-2003, 09:46 AM   #35
Lord Nemesis

Quote:
Originally posted by Break_dF
I was at the CFA server yesterday and up against 4 of their clanners...well, needless to say, they died. I was labeled a "lamer," and when the admin got on he said " come here fag, after I kick your ass I'm gonna ban you." Well...luckily for me, I'm not a noob and although the whole idiot server ganged up on me, I managed to kill them all...again. Of course, I was kicked
Yes funny how some people that have a big mouth are not as good when it comes to the fight, especially FOUR of them I'd say they need a little bit more practice.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:52 AM   #36
Lord Nemesis

Quote:
Originally posted by Unnamed Jed1
I screw with people and trash talk like a drunken sailor.
That said it is just in fun, much in the way a comedian screws with his audience. I have never meant a person harm or gone so far as to insult people with racial slurs or religious defamation.
I would be ok with that but I'd mostly watch what I say as certain people would probably get really pissed off about it and either gang up on me or kick me or some other stupid thing over it. Although it might not be bad being ganged up on maybe IF you can win them or at least if your outgunned take it like a man. Or avoid that situation in the first place.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:09 AM   #37
DeTRiTiC-iQ

I'm afraid I can't say the same Unnamed, if I comment on someone's excessive swearing (because they are losing badly), I have been called a "Dumbass Jew" on more than one occasion. Even though i'm not Jewish, I find this comment EXTREMELY offensive.

People who come out with this kind of comment should be removed from the gene pool in the most painful way possible.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:34 AM   #38
Mex
Not the brightest cookie.

Heh what are 4 members going to do about the hundreds of lamers out there...

I'd like to see them try kill um all!
Mex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2003, 11:54 AM   #39
Xenoeye

Re: ...........

Quote:
Originally posted by Unnamed Jed1
http://www.redcorps.com/lpd.htm

Hybr1d
Xenoeye is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2003, 01:37 PM   #40
ArtifeX

Quote:
Originally posted by zerowingzero
LOL. That's exactly what I was thinking.

Artifex *ASC*
ArtifeX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > ...........