lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: DSbr MOVIE
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-28-2003, 06:17 PM   #1
dev-Zach

DSbr MOVIE

team DSbr has just finished their first movie documenting their ownage of jk2. Here is the description:

Trick jumps and frag highlights from team DSbr, the original pioneers of jk2. Darksaber has been defining how the game is played since day one. We now present our revolutionary efforts to the masses with this latest video. See why DSbr has been cocky, rude, arrogant and down right mean when you feast your unworthy eyes on this sick entertainment.

you can find the download link over here: http://www.own-age.com/vids/videoprofile.asp?id=386

aka DSbr.mjz
dev-Zach is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2003, 06:21 PM   #2
Bilbo Skywalker

are you IN darksaber by any chance??

yeah its pretty damn good actually, nice matrix type effects (like 360 degree spins in mid-air < the camera i mean)

nice shots, and nice editing overall. :

For all your current and upcoming Star Wars needs come too...

[size=big]echonetwork[/size]

Check out my CTF guide for JA Here
Bilbo Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2003, 07:23 PM   #3
P4ulo

what u think daemon? u blind foo
Nice shots. Dl it, its worthy
P4ulo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2003, 07:37 PM   #4
Bilbo Skywalker

shut up p4ul0oo, i dont see yoiu making a great jk2 vid now do i :P

For all your current and upcoming Star Wars needs come too...

[size=big]echonetwork[/size]

Check out my CTF guide for JA Here
Bilbo Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2003, 07:44 PM   #5
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Cool, I'm in this as well. Very old footage though, that name is from last year summer-fall. The sniper shots were the best, I really appreciate it when people know how to use the disruptor in close combat.

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2003, 02:27 AM   #6
Ronin_Medjai

Very Cool Moive nice editing especially the spin in 3d cameraman thing im guessing you did that while watching the demo and changing angles using the cg_thirdpersonangle? or did you like freeze in-gmae (him turn on noclip) and you pan around him. It was a nice effect either way I might contact you about my movie later its got a diff based theme then urs tho. It seems a lot of JKO players play with FPS which is intrigueing to me as I always played CS and other FPS but in JKO I never play in FP I like to be able to see my surroundings. I know a lot of those tricks and moves you did I can snipe with the disruptor at close range as well. But How the Heck Do You Fly Around the Map so dang Fast and i checked both speed and rage werent on in the certain scenes im thinking of plus i noticed you "bouncing" off walls or something ultimately escaping death and flying back up all around the map with ur flag wtf was that noclip as well? I noticed a few familiar names like BSB and SA_BountyHunter I mostly play on the zone so i dont know all those in-game server clans or teamwarfare ones although on other threads I hear that FK Fallen one guy is REALLY good is that why you included you killing him in ur movie? hit me up when im on the zone man and we can discuss a few things Im CM_Ronin1 Im making a movie with my RPG club website is www.roleplayersinc.com stop by our forums anytime.
Ronin_Medjai is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2003, 02:27 AM   #7
Ronin_Medjai

damn thing posted twice :P
Old 01-29-2003, 02:28 AM   #8
Ronin_Medjai

Very Cool Moive nice editing especially the spin in 3d cameraman thing im guessing you did that while watching the demo and changing angles using the cg_thirdpersonangle? or did you like freeze in-gmae (him turn on noclip) and you pan around him. It was a nice effect either way I might contact you about my movie later its got a diff based theme then urs tho. It seems a lot of JKO players play with FPS which is intrigueing to me as I always played CS and other FPS but in JKO I never play in FP I like to be able to see my surroundings. I know a lot of those tricks and moves you did I can snipe with the disruptor at close range as well. But How the Heck Do You Fly Around the Map so dang Fast and i checked both speed and rage werent on in the certain scenes im thinking of plus i noticed you "bouncing" off walls or something ultimately escaping death and flying back up all around the map with ur flag wtf was that noclip as well? I noticed a few familiar names like BSB and SA_BountyHunter I mostly play on the zone so i dont know all those in-game server clans or teamwarfare ones although on other threads I hear that FK Fallen one guy is REALLY good is that why you included you killing him in ur movie? hit me up when im on the zone man and we can discuss a few things Im CM_Ronin1 Im making a movie with my RPG club website is www.roleplayersinc.com stop by our forums anytime.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:55 AM   #9
Kstar__2
chaos

just edit and delete

ow, and still d/l the movie

+[size=0.5]http://kstar.deviantart.com[/size]
Kstar__2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2003, 11:09 AM   #10
DSbr-HaZe

we are the best
DSbr-HaZe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2003, 08:59 PM   #11
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
If you want to get truely technical, it should be we're.

anyway, nice video, good to see that Dsbr is modest too

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2003, 11:06 PM   #12
Lightsaberboy
COME ON!

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
hmmm...i like! I recognized some names of people ive seen before. Fk Fallenone, i think i saw your name in it, not sure though..

It's my ILLUSION!
Lightsaberboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2003, 05:03 AM   #13
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

I don't know what you people are thinking, but a 100+ meg demo is a bit too big.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2003, 07:14 AM   #14
DeTRiTiC-iQ

Its actually pretty small for a vid of its length.
DeTRiTiC-iQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2003, 11:11 AM   #15
P4ulo

If u want quality u canīt think of file size.
P4ulo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2003, 12:05 PM   #16
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
also, this has a great beginning, that whole saturday night fever theme just cracks me up

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2003, 08:41 PM   #17
JDKnite188

That was amazing stuff. Its as if the members of Dsbr were part of the map. The bouncing, jumping, speed, aim, and timing were sw33t. No wonder Dsbr has your favorite JK2 gods.

The music was crappy though besides for that 70s thing in the start. I hate bands that can't sing worth poop (like punk bands in general).

Cheers,
JDKnite188

Hopin' LEC is going to get on track and bring us a decent JK for the JKers of 1997.
JDKnite188 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2003, 10:20 PM   #18
ryudom

heh great movie, had some awsome wall floating, i always wondered how to get around the alt route in bespin towers heh. the mid air stun baton kill was pretty rediculous too hehe
ryudom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2003, 05:40 PM   #19
Lightsaberboy
COME ON!

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
it was funny when that person detonated all thse amkissers at the end. lmao

It's my ILLUSION!
Lightsaberboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2003, 06:22 PM   #20
DeTRiTiC-iQ

Quote:
Originally posted by ryudom
heh great movie, had some awsome wall floating, i always wondered how to get around the alt route in bespin towers heh. the mid air stun baton kill was pretty rediculous too hehe
about that stun baton kill.... no wait. I'm not permitted to say.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:29 PM   #21
griff38

Thumbs up Great Job

That was a trip, very creative. The orbit shots were really really good,Love to see some more.

griff38 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2003, 11:34 PM   #22
ryudom

detritic you CAN'T do that! lol you you gotta say!
Old 02-01-2003, 05:31 AM   #23
Ronin_Medjai

*walks in a 3 piece suit and puts on some Raybans and pulls out a Silver Tampon Applicator thingy....or so it seems* Ok Folks if youll step this way and look at this Red light *FLASH* What you experienced was a Great JKO player In action Brutally Stunning another JKO player to death in mid-air I am a member of the Stun Baton Manufactureres and it appears this baton was defective Thank You for your time!
Old 02-01-2003, 12:20 PM   #24
ryudom

ok... lol
Old 02-01-2003, 11:00 PM   #25
RpTheHotrod
LFN Staff Emeritus

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I really don't get the point of a clan making a movie of how "1337" they are using exploits. The first half was like showing off the wall climb exploit.

Some of the shots were good, but common. They did good making the movie clip, but the in-game stuff just just normal, stuff I see everyday.

Current in-game name is #include
RpTheHotrod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2003, 11:34 PM   #26
DeTRiTiC-iQ

please die or something

Wall-Gliding is a BUG, not an exploit, it has very little actual benefit in a game, except occasionally saving your ass from a fall.

It also makes the game more fun, something which Raven have a lot to learn about, anyone who objects to bugs that make a game mofr enjoyable just has the wrong attitude.

Also note that many of those clips are from waaaay back when JK2 had only just been released.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:53 PM   #27
RpTheHotrod
LFN Staff Emeritus

Know what an exploit is...right?

Abusing a bug for an advantage.

SO...it's an exploit

Check out Nutri's movie for some real gunner shots

Old 02-02-2003, 12:18 AM   #28
ryudom

exploit or not, its still cool as heck, and was very enjoyable to watch.
Old 02-02-2003, 12:42 AM   #29
DeTRiTiC-iQ

yes Nutri has real gunner shots, but do you have any idea how long those shots take to get?

I've played him numerious times and its very rare for anyone, even him, to get a shot suitable for a video.

Oh, and as far as i'm aware Dsbr-Buffeh has beaten Nutritious in every meeting.

The Dsbr video shows how a gunner wins a fight, not how a gunner gets some pretty air-shots. The majority of kills will always be on the ground, so that's where the skill should be focused.

Incidently, I design my maps with wall-gliding in mind, and I know other members of the CTF community do as well. As a result, any use of wall-gliding in my maps is NOT an exploit.

Have a nice day.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:46 AM   #30
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel

LFN Staff Member 
Wow, I hate to say this, but what crawled up your butt and died Det? This ain't like you to a point.
Lathain Valtiel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2003, 11:48 AM   #31
DeTRiTiC-iQ

posted at 5:42am
Old 02-02-2003, 03:22 PM   #32
Moradivh

In Nutri's defense, I've seen him make those pretty shots all the time when he's playing for fun, almost every time I've seen him play. He was overflowing with em' while making his video. I'm not saying flying sniper hits are practical in competitive CTF, well not often, but he does them all the time in FFA, etc., when he's on the ball. It's great to watch, great to die from even. So funny.

And it's not like all his vid kills are mid-air only. Both DSBR and Pistolero have a little of both. But you can't claim flying shots like that are useless in a "real fight," or that skills "should" be focused in any one area.

I liked the DSBR video fine. It shows off more CTF moves, while Pistolero is about cool ways to kill with small arms. Both vids took a huge amount of skill and effort to finish and they're both great.

I've never seen Buffeh play, Idunno who's better. But anyone who claims that Nutritious or DSBR has the "less skilled video" is just biased. That goes for Detritic and RP. I'm sure Nutri's vids aren't about saying he's better than everyone else. He's not trying to outdo anyone. They're just for fun, and maybe to share with the masses the JO moves that're possible at that level of play.
Moradivh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2003, 03:57 PM   #33
DeTRiTiC-iQ

I never suggested Nutritious' videos weren't skillfull, I was acting in Dsbr's defence about remarks that their's wasn't.

Air-Shots aren't an art, they are something that just comes instinctively at times.

The fact is, anything that can be done in a game, is practical at times. The mistake comes when people deliberately set out to play in a "cool" way, Dsbr has repeatedly demonstrated that the best result comes from simply doing the most appropriate thing, hence the nature of the video. What I objected to was the comparison between Nutritious and Dsbr when the videos are attempting to demonstrate very different things.

On a side note: Currently i'm a bit annoyed with myself because I play really poorly unless i've got some calm music playing. At other times i've got more mid-air sniper shots in a row than on Pistelero. Inconsistancy is far more irritating than just being rubbish I think I fell into the trap of trying to do "cool" shots, so my playing skills suffered.
Old 02-02-2003, 04:08 PM   #34
RpTheHotrod
LFN Staff Emeritus

Dude, I NEVER said it wasn't using skill. Stop putting words into others people's mouth or I'll report you for attempting to spread lies to bring down other posters.

I never said anything bad about Nutri's, I just mentioned I don't see why people brag about exploiting (in dsbr movie). They had some decent shots in that one, but I was talking about wall climbs.

Old 02-02-2003, 04:17 PM   #35
DeTRiTiC-iQ

Fine, go ahead and report me. I try to build bridges and somehow make it worse. I give up on this community. It does nothing but bring out the worst in people.

But it might help your case if you read carefully what I (and other people) write in future, I don't see how I somehow put words in you mouth since from my perspective you are defending Nutritious, not putting him down.

Quote:
Some of the shots were good, but common. They did good making the movie clip, but the in-game stuff just just normal, stuff I see everyday.
This is what you said about Dsbr, this is what I was defending. I even tried to elaborate my meaning to try and get rid of the unintentional apparant jab at Nutritious.
Old 02-02-2003, 04:51 PM   #36
Ronin_Medjai

basicly Im going to have to go with moradiv on this one...

They both showed great skill in diff forms of combat but you CANNOT tell me that the mistake is in trying to do something cool IE staged moves in videos cause I know a few secrets about something and I could reveal it if necessary.

Just move on both the videos were very great and entertaining which is what they were made for entertainment or well sorta dsbr claimed theres more of bragging rights which seemed kind of arrogant to me but I let it slide cause according to the vid it seems they have earned them.

Lets try and make more movies instead of griping aboot whos is better I am currently making my own movie except its more like the SW movies all scripted and choreographed and crap.....if any of ya wants to help hit me up on msn messenger lordsod521@hotmail.com or you can go to our site www.roleplayersinc.com but its not all the way finished yet just got to finish the interface and upload it our forums are at www.roleplayersinc.com/phpBB2 so you can hang out there while we finish up the site.

As far as them mid-ai sniper and pistol shots go I can do those all the Time and when I play in FFAs I seem to get "good enough for a video" shots all the time I wish I could just have it recording all the time I could easily throw a movie together in a day or two if it was.

Cant we all just get along and enjoy ours and others work and not make it into a competiition?
Old 02-02-2003, 05:13 PM   #37
DeTRiTiC-iQ

People still play FFA? I haven't seen a populated FFA server in months. All the FFA games i've played have been on private/locked servers.

My point still stands, if you are trying to just do something cool, you are far more likely to screw up. Better that you just get better at everything, then cools shots will just happen.

[Edit: Oops, forgot to say the following]

The key words in Moradivh's post were "playing for fun". Due to the extremely frustrating "pull-whorism" associated with publc CTF servers, its been a while since i've been able to enjoy a game, and hence I haven't been able to relax into a game. Now with FFA servers its slightly different, pull-whorism is less beneficial, so its easier to enjoy a game. I've noticed my skills are significantly higher in FFA as opposed to CTF.

But I offer the following advice for anyone who actually cares about my point: Find a nice song, set it on repeat and play a game and just enjoy the music, try not to concentrate on the game too much. Ignore all the frustrations, such as pull-whores. Do all this and from my experience you will get some amazing shots. Now you've just got to figure out how to duplicate this mindset on demand.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:17 PM   #38
RpTheHotrod
LFN Staff Emeritus

Det.... you should actually READ someone's post before you comment on it. I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU

man...some people...

Old 02-02-2003, 06:34 PM   #39
DeTRiTiC-iQ

ermm your post came after mine, with a gap of at least enough time to have seen my post. Plus we'd had a conflict of opinion, what exactly was I supposed to think?
Old 02-02-2003, 07:01 PM   #40
lllKyNeSlll

ahaha, that mid-air stun shot was hoodwinker getting killed. HE told you not to tell?

http://www.team-image.net/aerophalanx/
http://www.le3l.owns.it

Team aP server - 66.165.108.104:29070

Famous Figures-Francisco d'Anconia, Milady de Winter, Feanor, John Galt, Mr. Crowley, Roger Federer, Martina Hingis, D'Artagnan de Gascony,
lllKyNeSlll is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > DSbr MOVIE