lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: NPC Spawn?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-17-2003, 12:22 PM   #1
Katarn07
Joxer the Mighty

Question NPC Spawn?

Can we spawn in enemies created by you guys in the mod?

Say I beat the mod and am making the ultimated DF experience.

I go to a level and wanna spawn in DT 1, DT 2, DT 3, the guy from level 11 (not a spoiler, but just being cautious...), Vader, Rebus, Mohc...

OK, I know you don't fight the last three in the game or mod, but like Reelo and Galak, they'll have a weapon when spawned probably (or not, I don't know anything about editing).

Just wondring if this would happen or not...

*** Oh, can we also still spawn in Desann, Tavion, Reelo, Lando, Luke, etc?

Like to read? Like fantasy stories? Like doing people you've never met in person favors? Then read and review my original movie screenplay! You will, you must. It is your destiny....

Check out the best shots of all of my collections along with some of my better attempts at artwork here.
Katarn07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2003, 01:20 PM   #2
ImmolatedYoda

i would say that in the finished mod, yes, you can spawn anyone that appears in the game, cutscene or not. its the same in JO. you can spawn Galak (not suited-up Galak), Morgans ghost, whoever, as long as they are in the npcs.cfg. in the demo, you can spawn the Imperial Commando. vader may not have a weapon since you dont fight him in the game, but youll still be able to spawn him, and edit him so that he fights you. same with Rebus and Mohc probably.

edit: and yes, you should still be able to spawn Tavion, Desann, whoever from base JO because they are coded into the game. likewise, you should be able to use all of base JOs console commands in the DF mod.

Okay, for brevity's sake:

Personal Computers > Consoles.
ImmolatedYoda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2003, 01:24 PM   #3
Katarn07
Joxer the Mighty

Thanks. This may be common knoweledge, but like I said, I know nothing about editing.

Like to read? Like fantasy stories? Like doing people you've never met in person favors? Then read and review my original movie screenplay! You will, you must. It is your destiny....

Check out the best shots of all of my collections along with some of my better attempts at artwork here.
Katarn07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2003, 01:32 PM   #4
ImmolatedYoda

haha no problem. when i get a game, i always play it and try to find exploits or console commands or whatnot to have fun or do strange things, so in JO i have keys bound to spawn just about any NPC in the game. and through this i eventually get into looking at the files that change the game but dont involve coding. but i digres...

Old 02-17-2003, 02:47 PM   #5
Jeff 42

The ultimate battle: Kyle and Luke vs. DT1, DT2, DT3, Tavion, and Desann.
Jeff 42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2003, 03:05 PM   #6
ImmolatedYoda

haha yeah its things like that that i do when i play JO nowadays. i do something like spawn every jedi and sith in the game and put on notarget and watch em fight. pretty amusing, betting on which side will win.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Dark Forces Mod > NPC Spawn?