lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Trouble extracting sounds with sam&max tentacle
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-28-2003, 02:35 AM   #1
pumpernickel

Trouble extracting sounds with sam&max tentacle

Hi,

I think I'm having trouble accessing all the sounds with scummrev in the sam & max, and day of the tentacle monster files.

I always get an error message "external exception C00000006"
and after that it stops and I'm then I'm quite sure I'm only looking at a small part of the library. Sound effects are totally missing in sam and max...

I tried copying the monster file from my CD to my harddrive, but that wont work either. I get some sort of MS-dos error (strange). I'm in windows xp. I have the same difficulties with both games.

Anyone else had these problems?

So, basically any help would be much appreciated, I really want to get to those sound files.

Thanks,
Erick
pumpernickel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2003, 04:03 AM   #2
Alien426
'll take away your bucket

Re: Trouble extracting sounds with sam&max tentacle

Quote:
Originally posted by pumpernickel
I tried copying the monster file from my CD to my harddrive, but that wont work either. I get some sort of MS-dos error (strange).
I guess either the CD is dirty/scratched or the drive is malfunctioning. After cleaning the CD (soft cloth wiping from the center towards the outer brim) and getting the same error you should try the CD in another CD-ROM drive.
Alien426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2003, 06:08 AM   #3
bgbennyboy
Festively Plump

LFN Staff Member 
Unsure about that.
What do you mean msdos error? When trying to copy monster.sou to your hd?

bgbennyboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2003, 09:25 PM   #4
pumpernickel

Sam & Max Platform/Adventure game

Yeah, I think the CDs may be the culprit. I'm probably going to buy a new sam and max one.

Also though, I wanted to ask if anyone could help me out with some instuctions to extract character animation and backrounds from "hit the road."

I'm making a sam & max platform/adventure game with a program called multimedia fusion. I'm pretty proficiant with design and am doing all the games art and animation. I already have put together a real nice engine for the game and a fully operable max character. Sam and max are the only characters I'm using from "hit the road" but It would really help me out if I could look at the animations and backround to help myself better incorperate "hit the roads" style.

I'm not the best at the whole file hacking thing, so any help would be very very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Erick
pumpernickel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2003, 05:59 AM   #5
bgbennyboy
Festively Plump

LFN Staff Member 
Yeah, sounds like the cds then.

ScummRev can rip the room backgrounds, costrip can rip the sam and max costumes(character animations). Search around the Scumm Hacking forums for download link and instructions on how to use it.

bgbennyboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Community Discussion Forums > SCUMM > Trouble extracting sounds with sam&max tentacle