lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: EAX HD causes lockups?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-04-2003, 09:36 PM   #1
Elkdog

EAX HD causes lockups?

I noticed something strange about Jedi Knight II lately it locks up when I play a multiplayer and the sound loops endlessly and I cannot get out of the game without resetting my machine. I have figured out that it only happens when EAX HD is on and only with the latest Audigy drivers (AUDDRVPACK_L11.exe). If I install the Audigy drivers that came with the card the game doesn't lock up, but rather, it stutters every few seconds and it's really annoying. I know turning off EAX HD wouldn't be a big deal for gameplay, but it still bothers me that I can't have the full experience. I at first thought it might be the compatibility problem I had heard of about combining VIA chipsets with Audigy, but then I got a non VIA chipset motherboard and it still does it. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how to fix this.
System Specs:
Windows XP Home Edition
Athlon XP 2000+
nForce2 Motherboard (MSI K7N2-L)
512mb (2 x 256mb DDR333)
Chaintech "GT20" Geforce4 Ti 4200 128mb (40.72_winxp_WHQL.exe drivers)
Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer OEM (AUDDRVPACK_L11.exe drivers)

Thanks.
Elkdog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Game Feedback > EAX HD causes lockups?