lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: node without a volume??
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-14-2003, 05:14 AM   #1
EK-sama

node without a volume??

Okay so my map keeps not compiling - and looking at the junk.txt I found this error

"node without a volume
node has 1 tiny portals
node reference point 888.31 1201.42 209.20"

I uh...don't know what this means or what I should do to solve it - the error "solution" I found was to use the "find brush command" or to compile again in novis - neither of which found the troublesome brush. help plz/thx!
~EK-sama

and then afterwards, you say
"what a wonderful tea party"
EK-sama is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2003, 09:43 AM   #2
Leslie Judge
Teacher

You got the reference point. Load up your map in Radiant and go to the given coordinates. There has to be a very little area. Definetely no a brush, just an area with several brushes around it but not from all sides as I think. The message says it's too tiny so it is. You should probably fill it up with structural brush(es).

L. J.
Leslie Judge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2003, 04:46 PM   #3
EK-sama

Angry even more confused ><

so I go to those coordinates, (assuming they are x,y,z respectivley) and well there is nothing there, as in I'm not using that area for my map.

Here is a breakdown.
I have a previous version of my map that compiles fine, I go to change my light sources, They were only placed for working visibilty - now I want to change them (color placement etc) to make the map look better. it is only after I do this that the error comes up. Why would the light sources have to do with my structure - taken that the error I'm recieving involves structure issues?

and then afterwards, you say
"what a wonderful tea party"
EK-sama is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2003, 05:09 PM   #4
Leslie Judge
Teacher

Hmm... interesting. Take my above post as suggestion, I've never seen the message you posted.

If you changed only the lights...

Do you still have the two versions? If you want, you can take a look on them in a special way. Compile each (this requires that you give them different names) with BSP only. I hope you use GtkRadiant unless this has no sense. So, after BSP-ing (without VIS and LIGHT) you can use the portal viewer plugin to see if there is a portal at the given coordinates in your problematic version, and you can take a look at the normal version to see the difference.

L. J.
Leslie Judge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
bigbengy
Lurker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK-sama View Post
Okay so my map keeps not compiling - and looking at the junk.txt I found this error

"node without a volume
node has 1 tiny portals
node reference point 888.31 1201.42 209.20"

I uh...don't know what this means or what I should do to solve it - the error "solution" I found was to use the "find brush command" or to compile again in novis - neither of which found the troublesome brush. help plz/thx!
~EK-sama
ur problem is u have clipped something and left faces exposed, thus creating a portal. find whatever it is u have clipped, and re brush the face of the clip with structual brushes, not detail. that should solve your mapping problem. hope this helps.
bigbengy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > node without a volume??