lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: In Monkey Island 5, I would like to see...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-18-2003, 04:01 PM   #1
DM02

Cool Guy In Monkey Island 5, I would like to see...

In Monkey Island 5, I would like to see:

1. Oppurtunities to kill Guybrush!

2. SEA BATTLES!!

3. Magic

DMO1:dm:
DM02 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2003, 05:06 PM   #2
SamNMax
Forum Idiot

CMI writen all over it.

"There are no words that can discribe such a thing."
"Stupid and inane are the words I like to use."
SamNMax is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2003, 04:55 PM   #3
xElaineMarleyx

Quote:
CMI writen all over it.
Actually, that isn't true- you didn't get to kill guybrush!!!

No, wait, I'm stupid. In Part 3 you kill him twice, don't you?
Damn. Thought I had a point there too....

So what if I'm not like u? If I was u then I wouldn't be me!
xElaineMarleyx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2003, 11:52 AM   #4
Sidla

I think we should find out what the Secret of Monkey Island™ really is, and why Guybrush has a fear of porcelain.
Sidla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2003, 02:25 PM   #5
Das Mole

we already know what the secret is. its like that "guybrush is a kid" or that "its all a dream" or something along those lines.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2003, 07:46 AM   #6
nioe

Magic! this isn't an rpg their makin and if we were able to kill anyone in de game it might as well be an fps. I'd love to revisit some islands from CMI. Blood island after the volcano had blown and its tourist industry was booming again maybe the actors would be there on tour again reliving their glory days. And we've got to revisit the Brimstone Beach Club and the Cabanna boy , classic stuff.
nioe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2003, 08:36 PM   #7
DinghyDog

They've already got magic anyway, or at least, voodoo magic. Without magic, you wouldn't have been able to kick LeChuck's undead, rotting butt with that voodoo doll!

-DD

It's yer ol' pal Dinghy Dog!
DinghyDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2003, 10:05 AM   #8
TheGovernor

And without Magic you couldn't have made that portrait frame dissappear - or the ventriloquism book appear!

TheGovernor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2003, 12:23 PM   #9
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
except for the fact that lechuck's died four times and yet still manages to come back from the dead healthy as ever, if that's not magic, i don't know what is.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2003, 04:45 PM   #10
SamNMax
Forum Idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by Das Mole
we already know what the secret is. its like that "guybrush is a kid" or that "its all a dream" or something along those lines.

*Trys to maintain his anger.*

"There are no words that can discribe such a thing."
"Stupid and inane are the words I like to use."
SamNMax is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2003, 07:46 PM   #11
Das Mole

dinghy dog- s rule! not exactly my top choice for a name (dinghy dog*shudders*) but whatever milks your guernsey.

samnmax- didn't ron gilbert say that or someone that works for lucasarts, though? i even read an article on mixnmojo or something that said that.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2003, 09:07 PM   #12
EnchiladaMan

I'd like to see...

First of all, fix the stuff from EMI (or disreguard it completely)

I'd like to see an explanation of how Herman Toothrot could possibly be Elaine's grandfather. (He was using the name Herman Toothrot before he came to Monkey Island according to the Captain's log in the Sea Monkey on MI1. This is *one* of the questions I have about that possibility)

Elaine should have her English accent back. She seemed to have lost it on the honeymoon and become much more hostile and insulting to Guybrush.

I'd like to see Wally again.

I'd also like to see the return of Largo LaGrande as the main villain.

Maybe a new villain that's a PIRATE. Not one that's trying to get rid of pirates. If you ask me, EMI's plot seemed a bit lame, even for Monkey Island. Maybe Largo could be the brains in MI5 and not even have LeChuck. I mean, LeChuck has died 5 times already (including the fact he was already dead when we first saw him). Maybe he can come back later in MI6 or MI7 or 8 or 9 or something.

Let's also have the return of the three pirates who wanted to be circus performers on Męlée Island and Scabb Island. They could join up with Guybrush.

Stan should be a "Used" something salesman again. He was better at that. Haven't seen that since MI2.

I'd also like to see Booty Island again. And perhaps the bloodhound named Guybrush.

Another interesting idea could be having another character to play. Half the game as Guybrush, and half the game as a new character, or even Elaine as was one of the rumors of EMI.
EnchiladaMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2003, 09:19 AM   #13
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Re: I'd like to see...

Quote:
Originally posted by EnchiladaMan
First of all, fix the stuff from EMI (or disreguard it completely)

I'd like to see an explanation of how Herman Toothrot could possibly be Elaine's grandfather. (He was using the name Herman Toothrot before he came to Monkey Island according to the Captain's log in the Sea Monkey on MI1. This is *one* of the questions I have about that possibility)...
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...threadid=28902

this is very old but may help. actually one of my first thread, i'm surprised it was that succesful. very old.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2003, 07:11 PM   #14
DinghyDog

noob

Das Mole - n00bs DO rule. And I rather like Dinghy Dog. In a strange sort of way. I didn't want to be "normal" and "n00bie-ish" and call myself "MurrayLuvr69" or something weird like that, so yeah.

And personally, I'd like to see a new version of the blind lookout of Melee.

-DD

It's yer ol' pal Dinghy Dog!
DinghyDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2003, 09:29 PM   #15
EnchiladaMan

Well, however it works out, I hope they give a detailed explanation in the next game to clear it up. (I like the idea of there actually being a Herman Toothrot before HT Marley became stranded, and he took the name after the original Herman left) But like I said, I'd like to see an "official" explanation.

I wonder what it would be like to have a completely 3d Monkey Island 5. Note: I did not like how the 3d characters from EMI looked. They were too angular, even in the cutscenes. if it is all 3d, it would have to be a completely different engine. Kind of a JK2 look to it, but with the inventory style like CMI (the best inventory style of the games I think). This could open up lots of possibilities of puzzles. If there's a way to make it completely 3d and make it still look like Monkey Island, I figure why not?

While the adventure game aspect is the best, I wonder if Monkey Island could translate to other types of games (like StarWars games have) in ADDITION to more monkey adventure games.

With SW Galaxies coming soon, what about a Monkey Island MOMRPG game? (not for MI5. just a completly new area of Monkey Island gaming) Live in the Caribbean as a Monkey Island character with lots of other pirate friends/enemies?

Anyway, sorry about my typically long posts. I'm working on that. just getting some thoughts out there.
EnchiladaMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2003, 07:28 AM   #16
Obiwan80

Monkey island 5 :)

I sure hope you are right, i hope they continue the legendary monkey island series.

what i would like to see in new game:

1. More insults
2. More grazy humor
3. Stan of course, and murray the talking skull
Obiwan80 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2003, 12:38 PM   #17
sizuela

Heya folks!
I would like to say these things at a beginning:

1. No..guybrush can't die, it's not gonna happen, ok?
2. Crazy humor... ofcourse!
3. Well.. it sure would be fun to meet all (amost all) caracters from the 4 games.. (if this is the end) and he maybe have to colect them all to a war against lechuck and the pirates.. umm.. maybe not..

Well... what ever happend to Largo anyway?

//siz

Umm.. I can't, I'm washing my hair tonight..
sizuela is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2003, 03:21 AM   #18
Ernil
.......fin.......

In Monkey Island, there are many things I would like to see. I know many will give me horrible glares for saying this, but I wish that MI4 could just be thrown away. It amused me for the time that I played it, but afterwards, I thought - shoot. That messed up some stuff. Also, I would like to see us revert back to old MI1 ideas. In MI1, Guybrush was a wanna-be pirate. There were other pirates. They were not ALL goofy, and they were not ALL terribley scary. The game had more of a Piratey feel to it. Comparing MI1 and MI4, the producers of the game have taken us WAY away from that. I think that MI2 was amusing, and to say the least, amazing, and I enjoyed its extreme goofyness. I would like to see this goofyness come back in MI5, but to an extent. One thing that makes MI1 my favorite is because it makes me feel like I'm actually going to an uncharted place to have an adventure. This is amazing.

More to be seen in the Ideal MI5 for me would be the old characters. I respect the ideas of things like "Playing all of the Characters," but personally, I would enjoy interacting with ALL of them throughout the game again. SCUMM worked amazingly for me, and if I were making it (many are glad i'm not) it would be using MI2 graphics. I would cry myself to sleep in joy if this would come to pass. Just some thoughts, but after all, these thoughts are probably ridiculous, and mean nothing.
Ernil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2003, 08:59 AM   #19
Shuteyes

QUOTING a QUOTE

Quote:
I wonder what it would be like to have a completely 3d Monkey Island 5. Note: I did not like how the 3d characters from EMI looked. They were too angular, even in the cutscenes. if it is all 3d, it would have to be a completely different engine. Kind of a JK2 look to it, but with the inventory style like CMI (the best inventory style of the games I think). This could open up lots of possibilities of puzzles. If there's a way to make it completely 3d and make it still look like Monkey Island, I figure why not?
May i sugest Cell shaded tech?

And the thing i would like to see returned would be Murray.

in my opinion that was one of the best characters to be founf in CMI. the popping up from nowere on the most unsuspecting places. It really hurt me to see murray pinned down on a chair with such a small part in EMI.
Shuteyes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2003, 08:44 AM   #20
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
in MI 5 id like to have:
-a rubberchicken or two
-cmi-like sound/music
-new innovative gfx and adventure like handling (pointnclick yeahyeahyeah)
-no monkey kombat, its too lame
-a bananapicker
-cannibals
-monkeys
-pirates, insults, grog
-AN ID FOR BUYING GROG. actually in that panties i wear!
-monkey island feeling

Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2003, 01:50 PM   #21
RoyTordesLegend
Annoying LF since 2003

Current Game: Resurrecting 'Ye Olde Harbour'
Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by ErnilPherianath
One thing that makes MI1 my favorite is because it makes me feel like I'm actually going to an uncharted place to have an adventure. This is amazing.

SCUMM worked amazingly for me, and if I were making it (many are glad i'm not) it would be using MI2 graphics. I would cry myself to sleep in joy if this would come to pass. Just some thoughts, but after all, these thoughts are probably ridiculous, and mean nothing.
Buy this guy a beer!!!! Thats exactly the way I feel. Its a shame its never going to happen....unless a whole group of fans get together and make something. Unfortunately it would have to be one hell of a large well co-ordinated team. The game itself would have to be similar enough to Monkey Island to capture the 'feel' of it, but would have to be called something slightly different (The Secret of Donkey Island?), and have slightly different characters, so that Lucasarts couldn't crush it.......
RoyTordesLegend is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2003, 01:52 PM   #22
RoyTordesLegend
Annoying LF since 2003

..oh and to answer the question:-

1) Ron Gilberts name in the Credits
2) MI1 + MI2 graphical style
3) A Commodore Amiga version on 5434 floppy disks
Old 06-18-2003, 06:20 PM   #23
Demon Chuckie

\G

Full frontal nudity!

I would also like it longer

that is all

Tis Good to be dead!
Demon Chuckie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2003, 07:35 PM   #24
Reaper Girl

Bob!bob!I wanna see BOB!!!!

it would really sux, though, if LucasGames pulled a "Matrix"(i.e, this isn't real, thats a dream, blah)

aliens would be an interesting touch.........no

"Blah,blah,blah,blah,blah.Savvy?"
Reaper Girl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2003, 09:58 PM   #25
Alia
Pouty ghost

Current Game: Elder Scrolls Online
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
No, Guybrush can't die!

Ok, I want to see:

-a darker, more mysterious feeling, like in parts of MI2
-Guybrush and Elaine's little daughter
-the end of the pirate world, effectively destroying the chance for more sequels. NOT however, like Ozzie Mandrill's scheme. Much different.
-the Voodoo Lady's name

When I mean "end of the pirate world, " I mean I want to see a time when pirates are a dying breed, and Guybrush is one of the last. The idea of it is very sad, but it's what I want. Something to leave you crying after you laughed at Guybrush for so long.....

The man who hesitates goes home with jack. And his kids hate him.
Alia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2003, 06:58 AM   #26
Demon Chuckie

su

oh yeah! that's what we all want, a Monkey Island game to make us cry. can't wait

Tis Good to be dead!
Demon Chuckie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2003, 12:14 PM   #27
Alia
Pouty ghost

Good heavens, I don't meaning bawling your head the whole time! Just at certain parts. You know, something fitting for the last Monkey Island. Admit it, you would be crying because it was the last MI game, and if you say no, don't talk to me.

*stomps off in a huff because nobody understands*

Old 06-19-2003, 01:46 PM   #28
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
if it ends with MI5 then make an end which drives us to the question: whats up with Guybrush right now?? every hour each day..

or maybe he'll end off like Herman in another Monkey Island World..

perhabs MI5 will be a kind of interdimensional travel game..

.. I'll remember it anyhow!

Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2003, 02:30 PM   #29
RoyTordesLegend
Annoying LF since 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Andy

-a darker, more mysterious feeling, like in parts of MI2
-Guybrush and Elaine's little daughter
-the end of the pirate world, effectively destroying the chance for more sequels. NOT however, like Ozzie Mandrill's scheme. Much different.
-the Voodoo Lady's name
....Guybrush and Elaines little daughter??? This would be a great way to continue the series!!! Why not create a seperate series of games based on the little one, using a point and click scumm interface, aimed at kids, but in reality just a re-hash of MI1 and MI2 where the little one wants to follow in her fathers footsteps, and so the tale begins back on Melee island but with some new characters, plot etc!!!
Old 06-19-2003, 10:26 PM   #30
Alia
Pouty ghost

*sings* When it's over/ That's the time I fall in love again.....*stops singing*

What? Oh, right. I hate saying this, it's like it's some stinkingly REALISTIC person and not me talking. But they'll never do that.

Oh, but wouldn't it be lovely? If it never ended, and we all got to wait for the next one and the next one and they'd all be good, quailty MIness and it went on and on and we would want to live for ever because there would always be a new one.....

Ok, nobody comment on that last part....I'm tired and I got swept away in the lovely Caribbean ocean.....oh hello, my winged friend...goodbye.....

Old 06-19-2003, 11:32 PM   #31
RoyTordesLegend
Annoying LF since 2003

Ha ha....

.....never lose the romance man.....the dreaming......

....you TOO could be a movie star.....like me!!!
Old 06-20-2003, 12:42 AM   #32
Alia
Pouty ghost

You're a movie star?? Wow! Can I have your autograph?

Old 06-20-2003, 07:57 AM   #33
RoyTordesLegend
Annoying LF since 2003

...anytime man.

Unfortunately I'm out of signed photos at present, but see my PA and she might be able to sort you out with a promotional vest or something!!
Old 07-03-2003, 07:54 AM   #34
Miss Sixty

I thinkk they should get the cool humor from MI1-2 back... Well the two others are not boring just that its something mising =(... And it should me LLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGER... And much more =)... maby Largo as a sweet pink fluffy bunny =)

We will fight you in the harbour
Put battle you on land
And when you meet singing pirates
- they'll be more than you can stand
Miss Sixty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2003, 11:41 AM   #35
TyraaRane

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sixty
... maby Largo as a sweet pink fluffy bunny =)
Just...no. Please, no. If that were to happen, I really would cry. Sob, even. So just...no.
TyraaRane is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2003, 01:51 PM   #36
scabb
zo

Largo will actually feature in Monkey Island 5, according to this brilliantly ersatz sound file.
scabb is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2003, 09:54 PM   #37
Pyrate

You know.. if #5 is the last installment, then I would like it to be a really big game featuring each and every island that there has been in the MI series. That'd be fun. And maybe getting to see more of the islands from MI2
Pyrate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2003, 01:40 AM   #38
Destructomatic

That sound file does sound good scabb, but it was an April Fool's Joke. I read all about it when the SCUMM bar was actually up and running.

One thing I've always wondered ever since i first played CMI, why is Guybrush so afraid of porcelain????? I just dont get it. I've thought about MI 1 and 2 and can't remember a blessed thing about porcelain. GRRRR

The music from CMI would be a great addition. It made it feel so Carribean and care-free. I like it so much I actually downloaded all the MP3's of them from the SCUMM Bar and made a CD out of every track from the game lol.

Some characters I would like to see return: Largo just like everyone else does, the storekeeper from SOMI, the cannibals, Murray, Stan selling something previously owned with his CMI voice, Wally, and definitely Kenny when he's a few years older!!!!Bob would be great to. And some others that I won't mention for length's sake.
Destructomatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2003, 06:56 AM   #39
crazymatt

I wanna see more of the 3 headed monkey! and learn the real secret of monkey island, etc...
crazymatt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2003, 10:27 PM   #40
toothbrushwood

guybrush dieing would just be fustrating and younger people would just get bored MAKE MI1+2 in 3D it would be really good. same story 3D or go back to the traditional LECHUCK based pirate thingy were guybrush is not speaking but writing comes up the speaking just wreked it and now the spirit is lost that is Y LUCAS ARTS have stopped making MIs because MI3+4 were not as good as 1or2

>>>watch the birde<<<
>>>>>>topsheep<<<<<
toothbrushwood is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > MI Chat > General MI Discussion > In Monkey Island 5, I would like to see...