lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: *SIGH*
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-22-1999, 04:41 PM   #1
Gareth

Unhappy *SIGH*

Well, I have reached the breaking point. I'm getting a new PC for Christmas, but I was hoping to be able to play Indy on my current system. I'm running a PII 200, with 32 megs of RAM, and a Vodoo II card. Sadly, whenever I finally fight the Ice Ogre, the game crashes. Everytime. So I have to wait for Santa to bring a new PC my way. Not really important, just wanted to vent.

Thanks for reading. :P

--G
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-1999, 04:43 PM   #2
Jamison

I could send you a saved game right after the Ice Guardian.

Jamison

------------------
"Ahhhh, medicinal herbs."
Old 11-22-1999, 07:50 PM   #3
Blair

It's been pointed out to me that saving after you get Urgon's Part is helping this bug happen (I got it too, and it sucks).

I'll try replaying the whole level tonight (because I didn't do any backup saves, just the quicksaves) and seeing if that helps.

--Blair
Old 11-22-1999, 08:14 PM   #4
Jamison

ouch. that's a hard lesson to learn.

On the lava level I accidently hit the quicksave key right as I was falling into the lava. Luckily I didn't have to go back to far though.

Jamison

------------------
"Ahhhh, medicinal herbs."
Old 11-22-1999, 09:38 PM   #5
Damian

Smile

Is it the same bug I found? I found that for some weird reason, the ice monster get's stuck on the wall just to the right of the opening you need to go through. He can still cause damage if you get to close to him, but you can't kill him with the Infernal Machine part. I had to run through this section at least three times because my only true save game was right when Indy started the level. After that it was all quicksaves. OUCH!

-Damian
Old 11-23-1999, 12:05 AM   #6
Blair

In case you missed it, I replayed the level, saved before getting U's P, and kilt that Reptilian Icicle but good.

Only 1500 more nickels, and I'm headed for Peru.

--Blair
"Too bad I don't speak Hovitos..."
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > IndyJones.net > General Discussion > Strategy / Hints Discussion > *SIGH*