lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: WIP. You gotta start somewhere.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-01-2003, 06:57 PM   #1
LITE Jedi

WIP. You gotta start somewhere.

Well, while franticly making maps for both NRG and DF2E I did manage to squeese a little time into starting this map. This map I did lose twice, due to computer problems. but here it is for the third time, that might be why I don't have as much detail as I would like in it. So think of this is kind of an outline, more detail will be added you can be sure. lighting is temprary.
My goal for this map was to make a well lit map that lower end computer would still get good frame rate, but still have eye candy ( the goal of every map i suppose ). but when making comments, please do understand that these are early shots, and the matterial within the map will be added to or changed.
---------------------------------

I was disipointed when I found out I saw another guy who is making a map using these same textures, so the textures might be changed. but most of these textures are made by "Evil_lair".

[Edit] sorry about the quality of the pictures, pictures fixed[/edit]

Last edited by LITE Jedi; 04-05-2003 at 03:03 PM.
LITE Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2003, 07:15 PM   #2
Kengo

Man alive, looks AMAZING! Those are really nice textures used to great effect. You know, this would make a wondeful SP map...

------------------------------------------------
www.map-review.com
Kengo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2003, 09:18 PM   #3
Eagle_e7

Very very nice!

Looks great
Eagle_e7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2003, 10:01 PM   #4
master_thomas

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well, while franticly making maps for both NRG and DF2E I did manage to squeese a little time into starting this map. This map I did lose twice, due to computer problems. but here it is for the third time, that might be why I don't have as much detail as I would like in it. So think of this is kind of an outline, more detail will be added you can be sure.
So, what you're saying is, while under a lot of stress, and with little time, you made THIS three times. Wow. Then I thought there would be before I viewed the pictures. You work fast and well under pressure. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Kengo, a SP map would be pretty difficult with this. Either MP or one of the most non-linear SP levels so far. Mainly because of the +three-way intersection in the last picture. Looks FFA/CTF to me.

Glow achieved 3/23/03 at 3:20 without any donations.

Current WIP: The Attack on Yavin series.

"Homer Simpson: 'Don't ever say that! Stupid risks make life worth while. Now, you mother is more stable and that's okay in small doses, but I'm always taking stupid risks. That's why I have so many adventures. Now what do you want to do?'

Lisa: 'Well, I would like to go to the museum, but it's closed.'

Homer: 'So breaking in would be a pretty stupid risk. What do ya say, honey? Feeling stupid?"
"Thomas" on MP
master_thomas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2003, 11:05 AM   #5
MaX'Farcloud

Looks very cool!
MaX'Farcloud is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2003, 08:31 PM   #6
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I forsee this becomming a classic...

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2003, 08:36 PM   #7
MuRaSaMuNe

Wow, nice detail.

Sexolicious sig by the pumpkin king, PIE
MuRaSaMuNe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2003, 11:55 PM   #8
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
It really does look good. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Keep us posted!
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2003, 12:02 AM   #9
LITE Jedi

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Here is a small update, I did some small work in the hanger, As you see on the floor is a floor door, I just put those boxes there as just to add something there but after I took this shot I added a elevator that will come up when you press a button and supposedly bring the boxes up with it, so if any one wanted to duel in here they could either duel with obstacles or just a flat surface I still have to place the trigger brushes and the elevator should be done. Also I am looking for some better door textures, I am not too impressed with these.

Huge thanks to Eagel_e7, this guy made a sand storm effect! How cool is that!? So next time you see him online give him a hug (not sure how that would work). Any way I have started working on the outside of this map, so I can show off the cool sand storm effect soon.

Sorry I don't have more.

Last edited by LITE Jedi; 04-05-2003 at 02:57 AM.
LITE Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2003, 04:30 AM   #10
.:Solusar:.

WOW impressive .. very impressive.. keep up with the good work there lad.
.:Solusar:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Mapping > WIP. You gotta start somewhere.