lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Will you be able to turn off half of your "Maul saber"?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-05-2003, 12:37 AM   #1
Bacon00

Will you be able to turn off half of your "Maul saber"?

Just curious.. it'd be pretty cool to be able to turn off half your double saber and use all the single saber moves, and then turn the second one on and use a whole new set of moves.

It'd add tons of depth to multiplayer IMO....
Bacon00 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2003, 02:02 AM   #2
Wacky_Baccy

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Posted by Bacon00
Just curious.. it'd be pretty cool to be able to turn off half your double saber and use all the single saber moves, and then turn the second one on and use a whole new set of moves.
I can't guarantee you'll have the full range of single-sabre moves, but the following from PCZone confirms that you'll be able to fight with the lighstaff as if it were a single sabre -
Quote:
Link to article

Wielders of a double-ended lightsaber will be able to snuff one end to gain speed increase in combat, while those who master the art of dual-wielding will be able to fling one lightsaber at enemies while retaining the other in the hand. With this in mind, it's no surprise to learn that the action in Jedi Knight III is heavily skewed toward lightsaber combat.
Re-reading that paragraph now makes me realise just how awesome this game will be - use double sabres, with the ability to throw one and keep the other, or use a lighstaff with the ability to fight with it as if it were a single sabre for a bit more speed and manoeuvrability... This is so going to rock
Quote:
It'd add tons of depth to multiplayer IMO....
It'd add tons of depth, period

I miss digl. ...I found digl!
Wacky_Baccy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2003, 02:31 AM   #3
Taos
Jedi Council Member

Current Game: ToR beta & Kotor
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Agreed guys....I hope they include something like that. It'll be interesting to see the fighting styles with the dual and double bladed sabers.

Taos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2003, 06:05 AM   #4
Bacon00

I can't imagine that snuffing one end will only give you a "speed increase"... I'd assume that it'll work just like the color coded stances in JK2 - you'll change to "single saber" stance when you snuff one end... wouldn't that make more sense?

If you can do that, I'll be in gaming heaven.

JKA is seriously the first game in a long time I've been *really* excited about. JK2 I was pretty excited, but not this much.
Bacon00 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2003, 01:16 PM   #5
Wacky_Baccy

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Posted by Bacon00
I can't imagine that snuffing one end will only give you a "speed increase"... I'd assume that it'll work just like the color coded stances in JK2 - you'll change to "single saber" stance when you snuff one end... wouldn't that make more sense?
Yes, but it also might be a bit tricky to implement, and I didn't want to get your hopes up too much in case it turns out not to have the full range of single-sabre moves...

Might be an idea to ask Mike Gummelt about it if he pops in again and is open to a few questions...
Quote:
If you can do that, I'll be in gaming heaven.

JKA is seriously the first game in a long time I've been *really* excited about. JK2 I was pretty excited, but not this much.
Same here - on all counts

I miss digl. ...I found digl!
Wacky_Baccy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2003, 01:23 PM   #6
The_One
The Dude Abides

Duel lightstaffs anyone? Now that would be cool, and I'm sure the (maniac) MOD community would give it ago

Do you reckon we can choose different colours for each end of our lightstaff? Again, probably moddable, if it's not included.

Dark Forces: A Mod for Jedi Academy
Webmaster

Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?
The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
The_One is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2003, 01:25 PM   #7
Hekx
Republic Mofo

Hot Topic Starter 
It would look cool being able to do everything Maul's sabre could do with JA. Detach into two sabers, ignite one end or both, aswell as others.

But I'm sticking with single blade.
Hekx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2003, 01:50 PM   #8
ryudom

i don't think you should be able to detach them heh, that would kinda defy the point of having two sabers.
ryudom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2003, 02:15 PM   #9
boinga1
Pimpin' ain't easy

this seems to be how it would work- you get ypur regular saber and all, then when you get past saber offence level 3, you havew some choices- a dualblade level or a dualsaber level. with both, you can still use single saber styles and such, but also have the added double saber or 'lightstaff' attacks. it makes no sense for you to start off w/ two sabers, since dual wielding is a diificlut skill used by master swordsmen.
boinga1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2003, 03:40 PM   #10
nova_wolf
Jedi Guardian Fenrir

AHHHHH.....

Sorry, but this was the news I was waiting for....

Being a fan of the light staff for that very reason (although if I had a saber, it would also be able to actually split into two seperate sabers).

All I need to hear now is that you will be able to use Force Lightning as a utility to power old doors / droids long enough to caid you get to an onjective, I think I will be forking out shed loads on a new PC especially for it!

nova_wolf

Jedi Guardian Fenrir - Wolf of Ages
nova_wolf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2003, 08:16 PM   #11
Darth Groovy
The Dapper Zabrak

Current Game: Awaiting Greatness from PS4!
10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member LucasCast staff 
This is what I am talking about!
Darth Groovy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2003, 09:10 PM   #12
Tesla

It would be quite cool and add some sort of realism and sort of an homage to Episode 1 if you could use just one end of the "maul saber".
Or what if you made a wrong move with the "maul saber" and it was chopped in half (like obi1 does to maul in Episode 1) and you were forced to use the 1 saber end untill the next level?
Tesla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Will you be able to turn off half of your "Maul saber"?