lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: MP_Coruscant (Video)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-10-2003, 04:41 PM   #1
Tigris

MP_Coruscant (Video)

Ok, had to find some way to thank all those who helped my so far, and since no one care about readme's anymore I thought this would be way better...

Here is part1 and here is part2 .

Had to split it up- don't have enough webspace...

You need both files and WinRAR to unpack it.

Tigris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2003, 05:15 PM   #2
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

RAR? Awwwwww....

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2003, 07:10 PM   #3
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
And at a mere total of... 140 MB! :|

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2003, 08:05 PM   #4
Tigris

RAR was the program that packed it up best, so I used that one. Zip and ACE both stayed at 160 MB

Yeah, it's a bit big, but I thought that would be better then having to guess what's on the screen

Old 04-10-2003, 08:09 PM   #5
master_thomas

A bit? OMG! No offense, but, ummmm, who in their right mind, who likes to conserve memory would dl that?

Glow achieved 3/23/03 at 3:20 without any donations.

Current WIP: The Attack on Yavin series.

"Homer Simpson: 'Don't ever say that! Stupid risks make life worth while. Now, you mother is more stable and that's okay in small doses, but I'm always taking stupid risks. That's why I have so many adventures. Now what do you want to do?'

Lisa: 'Well, I would like to go to the museum, but it's closed.'

Homer: 'So breaking in would be a pretty stupid risk. What do ya say, honey? Feeling stupid?"
"Thomas" on MP
master_thomas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2003, 08:58 PM   #6
Pnut_Man
Existential to the Core

I'm downloading the trailer at this very moment. I do have one question though:

Weren't you working on/updating your Cantina map?

- Formally hated, praised, and known as Pnut_Man
Pnut_Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2003, 09:03 PM   #7
Strider74205

could we see some screenshots? i'm just on dialup so i can't d/l 140 megs without staying online for an entire weekend or so.

Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I donít care, Iím still free. You canít take the sky from me. Take me out to the black. Tell Ďem I ainít cominí back. Burn the land And boil the sea. You canít take the sky from me. Have no place I can be Since I found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me.
Strider74205 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2003, 10:56 PM   #8
Hekx
Republic Mofo

Hot Topic Starter 
Screenshots sound a lot easier...

That download would take ages even for me on 600k.

I may have a slice at it, but screenshots maybe a better idea.
Hekx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2003, 05:27 AM   #9
Khaza

Next time you really should try using lower resolution, 320x240 or 512x368 and higher compression, also I would have liked to see map in real colors

... and now for the map Central area seemed "little flat" also I would have liked to see few planes at the sky and definetly more ads (I loved those neon colors they had in ep2 )

WIP: *coming soon*
My maps: CTF L-Station Duel Kaminoan
Khaza is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2003, 08:40 AM   #10
Tigris

@Pnut_Master: Yeah, I'm working on the Cantina too, but wanted to try to make a nice CTF-map too.

@Strider&HŤkx: I'll see to that, just need to make some slight adjustments first.

@Khaza: Was part of my original plan, but after uploading this HIGH-Quality Trailer I ran out of webspace... So much for the smaller version...

The central area got more details already, hope I can put even more in it. About the planes- I have some nice plans for the skybox and some movable objects, but first I want do add some more details- I'm thinking about a Taxi actually flying through the level
I'll see if I can do some more ads- problem is that they'll boost the pak-size. The level-file itself (with the textures etc) is already 16 MB big, so I'm not sure if I really want it to be boosted even more- but I'll consider it

Old 04-11-2003, 05:29 PM   #11
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

I have to say, I'm a bit dissapointed. When I saw Coruscant I was a little excited, because there have been no good Coruscant maps made yet (with the exception of Coruscant Promenade, which was excellent). But the video preview I downloaded didn't look like Coruscant to me. I saw a temple which reminded me of Yavin, and a building and courtyard-type area that looked more like Bespin, especially with the textures used.
Maybe it's because the video wasn't in color, was half-filled with trippy effects and I couldn't get a decent look at it, but it just doesn't scream Coruscant, even with the billboard.

Eldritch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2003, 05:46 PM   #12
Pnut_Man
Existential to the Core

I was admit that I was expecting some huge "Coruscant Promenade". But considering that this is CTF I can understand.

I did like those pods in that one building, are those combat simulators by any chance?

- Formally hated, praised, and known as Pnut_Man
Pnut_Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2003, 07:22 PM   #13
Tigris

Pnut: Good eyesight EDIT: Games with such a cool athmosphere as the X-Wing series must have some nice representives in JK2 Actually I'm thinking about perhaps doing one of the above mentioned ads by putting a nice animation in the simulator room, just am thinking about how I do it without the 200 frames to make it look interessting... But I am confident that I'll find some way

Yeah, one thing I really DO lack is a good skybox (means sky) for Coruscant- the one you currently see is a normal Hoth-Screen. I already searched for a good one, but I personally do not think of Coruscant as the planet which is shown in Episode I & II. If you ever saw the Coruscant Displayed in Tie-Fighter and the early SW-Games you would see a darker- creepier place which, opposed to the sand brown and silver theme in EP 1/2 is mostly black-grey. Nice Trailers of this theme can be found at SciFi3D. The problem is that I hace specific things I want this skybox to have, but lack the money and knowledge to get a 3D-proggy and model it myself. I tried to find someone experienced or someone doing a coruscant-scene that could make the six shots required on the side for me, but I haven't found anyone. Logically no one wants to invest 40+ hours in a scene only to fulfill a mappers desire for some 6 shots you need...

Hopefully before betatesting though I'll find a way around this problem, so that you at least have a better background. Hopefully then the rest of the map won't seem out of place as it is now...

Old 04-12-2003, 04:03 PM   #14
Kengo

Quote:
Originally posted by Tigris
I already searched for a good one, but I personally do not think of Coruscant as the planet which is shown in Episode I & II. If you ever saw the Coruscant Displayed in Tie-Fighter and the early SW-Games you would see a darker- creepier place which, opposed to the sand brown and silver theme in EP 1/2 is mostly black-grey.
Mind you, the Coruscant you see in Ep I & II was in the days of the Old Republic, wheras the Coruscant you see in Tie Fighter and other SW games released before the latest films was Coruscant when it was the Capital city of the Empire (wasn't it renamed Empire City or something). You'd expect the Imperial capital Coruscant to have a much darker and more foreboding look to it than it did the free days of the Old Republic. Actually, an Imperial Coruscant isn't a map we've seen yet in JO as far as I know, and would be great!

------------------------------------------------
www.map-review.com
Kengo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Mapping > MP_Coruscant (Video)