lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: WIP: Via Jedi Trilogy
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-28-2003, 06:33 PM   #1
Louis

WIP: Via Jedi Trilogy

I've started my first map about a week ago. This is an SP level with a working title of Via Jedi I: Death Star II Escape. Later I hope to make Via Jedi II and III. Via Jedi is Latin for "Path of a Jedi."

Here are some screenshots...remember the lighting, texturing (especially the roof) and everything is barely even started, I'm just trying to get the scale right and set the basic layout. This is a no force/gun map, so as you have probably guessed, you follow the main character on his Jedi path (I am going to try to have several endings so you may or may not be a Jedi).

I'm not giving many more details as far as the storyline goes, but I will need voice actors (I will be playing the main character) but not for a a while since I hardly have anything done yet.

My mapping website is http://louis.hirailjunction.com As I progress I will update this thread as well as my website.

Here is a link to my skin for the main character http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...threadid=97834

Louis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2003, 09:39 PM   #2
Altus_Thrawn

Looking pretty good. The only thing is that the texture on the wall repeats to much, but as you said that will change.

When all is said and done, more is said than done.

Thanks to ZeeMan for the sig!
Altus_Thrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2003, 07:37 AM   #3
lassev
cryptoscripter

Yeah, looks like a good start. But check those bevel caps of the big door to space. Maybe they shouldn't be all black, but rather have the same texture as the surrounding wall (?). I guess there will be later on some more stuff crowding this big area. Well, I realise this is but a very early picture, so don't take my sayings too seriously.
lassev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2003, 08:24 PM   #4
Louis

Here's the menu!

http://louis.hirailjunction.com/imag...jedi1_menu.jpg

Old 05-02-2003, 12:25 AM   #5
master_thomas

So Louis, the hangar still is huge (he has a thread at JK2review).

Still looking good, but you need to be careful of FPS, with large areas not split up into nodes, you will have trouble. Especially with the reflective floor.

Glow achieved 3/23/03 at 3:20 without any donations.

Current WIP: The Attack on Yavin series.

"Homer Simpson: 'Don't ever say that! Stupid risks make life worth while. Now, you mother is more stable and that's okay in small doses, but I'm always taking stupid risks. That's why I have so many adventures. Now what do you want to do?'

Lisa: 'Well, I would like to go to the museum, but it's closed.'

Homer: 'So breaking in would be a pretty stupid risk. What do ya say, honey? Feeling stupid?"
"Thomas" on MP
master_thomas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2003, 01:29 AM   #6
Louis

Thanks for the comments, Thomas, but the largest hangar is not nearly so large any more. I've resized everything down to a more realistic setting, so hopefully it will all work out.

Old 05-02-2003, 02:29 AM   #7
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Yes, and hopefully you'll focus more on the map and less on stuff that could be done later, like the menu.

Eldritch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2003, 03:05 AM   #8
Louis

Yes, you're right except at the time I really felt like making the menu and it only took like 5 minutes.

Old 05-10-2003, 09:03 AM   #9
plop

That Menu I brilliant!

So are those pics of your map.

Led Zeppelin, combining my two favourite things, Good music and the book The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien.

"The drums will shake the castle wall, the ring wraiths ride in black, Ride on" --- Led Zeppelin - Battle of Evermore
plop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2003, 12:40 PM   #10
Louis

Yes, those are screenshots of my map. Just wanted to let you all know I'm still working on it, and some more shots coming soon.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Mapping > WIP: Via Jedi Trilogy