lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: forcing first-person perspective
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-06-2003, 08:21 PM   #1
clu

forcing first-person perspective

Any way to force first-person (or third-person) perspective through script or something else? I think this has been asked before, but couldn't find anything via search.

-clu

clu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2003, 07:39 PM   #2
000nate

you might try finding the bind keys script, or whatever it is, and taking out the "p" to switch bak and forth. However I'm not aware that this will work when you change your controls. But I was wondering why would you want to do this? It seems too limiting....I wouldn't like it in a map.

-NATE
Right now I'm not assigned yet to anything...but am working on the team for the darkforces mod.
000nate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2003, 09:07 AM   #3
Mix_Master2k

i think its either cl_fpls 1 or cg_fpls 1 dont remember which one, try them both.

Old 05-08-2003, 12:30 PM   #4
clu

Thanks. I'm assuming that's console commands and can't be used in an icarus script. Oh well, maybe I'll stick it in my cfg file that starts when my level loads. Basically I just want to force the user to start my level in first person (then they can switch to whatever they want).

Thanks again guys.

-clu

clu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2003, 12:58 PM   #5
Obsidian-Jovani

If I remember right, in the SP of Jedi Outcast Kyle does start off in the first person perspective on the kejim_post. If I were you I would load that map, in whatever editor you're using, and have a look at the various scriptrunners and then view those scripts.

Binary Sunset Studios

WIP: A SP Project entitled "Resurgence"
Obsidian-Jovani is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > forcing first-person perspective