lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Lighting problems! This is annoying!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-11-2003, 11:56 PM   #1
Achilles87

Lighting problems! This is annoying!

Ok... I am using GTKRadiant, I'm making a Rome map, and I am using the Kejim sky textures, at first I used the shader Kejim Light
But it lit up the whole map, I think. I have a tunnel leading underground, I want it pitch black! And it is bright as *Bleep*
So I changed the sky from Kejim_Light to Kejim shader. And compiled it as the Q3Compile thingy, and it still is bright everywhere! Even in rooms where the sky is not visible?! :Confused:
So... Can anyone tell me what is going on? I will greatly appreciatte it!

~Achilles

If you are going to get mad everytime I do stupid things, then I guess I'll have to stop doing stupid things!!
Achilles87 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2003, 12:51 AM   #2
Obsidian-Jovani

What compile option are you using to get the bsp?

I'm wondering because some options give full lighting on all surfaces. To quote a Rich Diesal tutorial:

Quote:
bsp FullVis (NoLight) - This process performs only the first two sections of the compile process in their entirety, BSP and VIS. There will be full (100%) lighting on all surfaces.
To check out your options go read this fine tutorial here

Binary Sunset Studios

WIP: A SP Project entitled "Resurgence"
Obsidian-Jovani is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2003, 03:20 AM   #3
clu

If everything is very bright, it may not have gotten to the lighting portion of BSP (maybe due to a leak) in which case it would just make everything full brightness (or you may have selected one of the BSP no light options by accident?)

After compiling, check out your junk.txt file and look for the word "leaked". Go to "file" menu and click "pointfile" to see where the leak is.

-clu

clu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Lighting problems! This is annoying!