lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: WIP: Another Link (Legend of Zelda)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-14-2003, 01:59 PM   #1
Antizac

Current Game: Skyrim
Thumbs up WIP: Another Link (Legend of Zelda)

Well, I'm impatient, as some of you should have figured out by now. So, I'm making my own Link.

Although he completely sucks, compaired to Matt Liell's - this will just have to be a temporary solution until he finishes his. All this really is, is a reshape of the JediTrainer (I don't claim to be a good modeller - infact, I'm not.) but I will be adding a belt and shield and (maybe) sword.

I'm just about done with the weights - just the added accessories, mentioned above, and he should be all done...

Comments?

-Dan
Antizac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2003, 02:52 PM   #2
Rebel_Spy

Its looking very good!, Can you post some screenshots of the head?

.:: 500 Posts on April 5, 2003!! ::.

"Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts."
- Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn
Rebel_Spy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2003, 07:33 PM   #3
RaSiN_HeCk

very nice, I think his eyes are a little bit huge, and his tights on his legs are a bit baggy

if you're going for the more real life look rather than anime like, ignore the rest of this post:

I think his ears need to be longer and he needs more poof in his hair, know what I mean? and maybe more muscles

People who sin say this: They had to, to survive. People who sin say this: It's too late now to stop. The shadow called Sin dogs them steadily from behind, without a word. Remorse and Agony are repeated, to finally end up at Despair. But sinners don't know that if they turn around, there is a light... a light which keeps shining on them ever so warmly. A light that will never fade.
-Vash the Stampede
RaSiN_HeCk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2003, 08:13 PM   #4
Antizac

I was going for a crossover of Realism and Anime - so, I didn't want to make his hair and ears too big. (And it looked wierd when I did do it.)

Besides, I wanted to see if I could get the mouth and eyes working, rather than making a solid face. So, I can't distort his face too much, or it won't work...

-Dan

Last edited by Antizac; 05-15-2003 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:40 PM   #5
gt r?

Location: Beside the nearest gaming shop waiting for Jedi Knight:Jedi Academy =P
Exelent!!!Looks like Matt as some competition!

Ne0|eD3N

7|2y 70 |234|) 7|-|15 1|D|-| |00 (4[\]

I was known as Evil
gt r? is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2003, 12:29 AM   #6
RaSiN_HeCk

cross over? if you think about it, that'd be kinda strange. But I suppose it'll look great

People who sin say this: They had to, to survive. People who sin say this: It's too late now to stop. The shadow called Sin dogs them steadily from behind, without a word. Remorse and Agony are repeated, to finally end up at Despair. But sinners don't know that if they turn around, there is a light... a light which keeps shining on them ever so warmly. A light that will never fade.
-Vash the Stampede
Old 05-15-2003, 01:26 AM   #7
Antizac

Well, that's my excuse, anyway.
I wanted to see if I could get his face to use the animation bones - so I am a bit limited with the face and stuff...
Besides, from all the artwork I've seen, Link really doesn't have a definite look to his face.

...If it doesn't workout in the end, I'll re-shape it to a "full-anime look". But either way, if I get around to it, I'll make the ears a bit bigger - and maybe the hair.

Anyway, as requested, here's a couple close-up shots...

-Dan

Last edited by Antizac; 05-15-2003 at 02:15 AM.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:18 PM   #8
-=DarkZero=-
Riddle Of The Day

So when exactly is this going to be released?
IT'S FREAKING AMAZING MAN!
Good work, I can't believe I didn't think about tweaking up the jedi trainer ;-;

"We all Have to Die Someday, I'm just lucky I got to say my goodbyes before my term was up."-Randy Darke (R.I.P)
-=DarkZero=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2003, 03:47 AM   #9
Antizac

Quote:
Originally posted by Tupac.
So when exactly is this going to be released?
IT'S FREAKING AMAZING MAN!
Good work, I can't believe I didn't think about tweaking up the jedi trainer ;-;
Well, At the rate I'm going - I should have this done by the end of the month for sure...

I like to import JO models, and build off of them, because I'm horrible at modeling humanoids, and I also don't have to do any UVMapping - Which I still don't know how to do correctly.

Ok, update time:

I finished the Master Sword and the Hylian Shield - within 1 day...

Check it out:

As of right now I'm attaching the shield to the Link model...

Comments?

-Dan
Old 05-16-2003, 05:42 AM   #10
Antizac

Ok, I got the shield mounted on his back, and I even fixed his ears! I think, now everyone can agree, that this is MUCH better, and looks alot more like Link...

-Dan
Old 05-16-2003, 07:18 AM   #11
Crowy
Forumite

Location: on a peice of plywood with this sandpaper type stuff on it
the eyes need to be... vertically longer, looks real good...

the hylian sheild and themaster sword look great....
i havent touched the ocarina of time for like 4 years now

In Loving Memory Of Corinne Brittan.

September 3rd 1986 - November 30th 2003
Crowy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2003, 03:21 PM   #12
-=DarkZero=-
Riddle Of The Day

Holy jeebus!
Thats amazing man!
I can't skin worth crap,thats my problem ;-;
I attempted a link last night the same way you did but when I tried skinnin it came out crap in MODview lol

"We all Have to Die Someday, I'm just lucky I got to say my goodbyes before my term was up."-Randy Darke (R.I.P)
Old 05-17-2003, 12:42 AM   #13
DanTheTrooper

another great model

this is looking great... i have been waiting for a Link model for ages... i think you got down the look of link... even know he changes soo much throughout all the diff games... i like the orcania link the most though... like you chose... i hope to see this soon and i think its great what you are doing...one thing i dont think u should put the master sword on the skin due to a master sword hilt being out their look kinda funny to have the sword in the sheith while also in ur hands... just a suggestion... later

Well If It Isn't Mr. Fancy Pants... I Got Some News For You Pal, Your Ruling But Two Things Right Now, Jack And Sh!t, And It Looks Like Jack Left Town
DanTheTrooper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2003, 01:35 AM   #14
RaSiN_HeCk

nice job on the sheild and sword, there any sheild mods out?

I recall the master sword's handle being more purplish, but nice jump modeling it!

-Vash the Stampede
Old 05-17-2003, 04:34 AM   #15
Antizac

Re: another great model

Quote:
Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk
nice job on the sheild and sword, there any sheild mods out?
No, but I do believe that it's possible by tweaking the MP source, you can have some sort of shield blocking. But I could make a seperate model with the shield attached to his arm...

Quote:
Originally posted by DanTheTrooper
...one thing i dont think u should put the master sword on the skin due to a master sword hilt being out their look kinda funny to have the sword in the sheith while also in ur hands... just a suggestion... later
Yeah, I decided that before I even made the Master Sword.
It would look too wierd on the model, when he moves anyway - So, I'm just going to release it as a seperate mod along with Link...

-Dan

Last edited by Antizac; 05-17-2003 at 04:51 AM.
Old 05-18-2003, 12:29 PM   #16
bleek

Well, I havent been on the forums in about 4 months or so . All my projects are basically dead.

Anyway, The Link looks awesome! I uninstalled my JK2 but with kewl models like these comin out...i might have to put it back on!

And I've been wondering, who is that in your avatar? It looks like some sort of skin or model...and looks kewl.
bleek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2003, 04:14 PM   #17
-=DarkZero=-
Riddle Of The Day

Yo Ant, Just a question, could you make a model of link without the hat on as well, and the shield not connected, that would be bad ass.

Old 05-18-2003, 05:48 PM   #18
__CKY__

Looking very good. I like the sword and shield hehe
__CKY__ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2003, 08:00 PM   #19
Antizac

Quote:
Originally posted by Tupac.
Yo Ant, Just a question, could you make a model of link without the hat on as well, and the shield not connected, that would be bad ass.
I sure could try...
...I could just make extra hair and make it as removeable mesh on the same model...
For Example:

SurfOff head_hat, torso_shield
surfOn head_xtra_hair_off

Would give you a Link with No hat, and no shield, and he'd have extra hair where the hat was...

Quote:
Originally posted by bleek
...Anyway, The Link looks awesome! I uninstalled my JK2 but with kewl models like these comin out...i might have to put it back on!

And I've been wondering, who is that in your avatar? It looks like some sort of skin or model...and looks kewl.
That's good to hear. =)

As for my avatar - that's my head on a model that I'm working on, for, what is supposed to be my primary JO project.

I should have some in-game shots of Link in a day or two...

-Dan
Old 05-19-2003, 03:18 AM   #20
-=DarkZero=-
Riddle Of The Day

Quote:
Originally posted by Antizac
I sure could try...
...I could just make extra hair and make it as removeable mesh on the same model...
For Example:

SurfOff head_hat, torso_shield
surfOn head_xtra_hair_off

Would give you a Link with No hat, and no shield, and he'd have extra hair where the hat was...

That's good to hear. =)

As for my avatar - that's my head on a model that I'm working on, for, what is supposed to be my primary JO project.

I should have some in-game shots of Link in a day or two...
Thanks alot man! This is going to be sweeeet.

Old 05-19-2003, 06:10 AM   #21
Antizac

Ok, here's a few compiled screenshots, showing Link in game, reskinned, and with the Red & Blue CTF skins...

^ Click for a larger image...^

So, far he works perfectly, just a few minor glitches - like his arm goes right through his shield at times, and I haven't finished his hand bones (his fingers are solid). But aside from that, he works... And I'm also, happy to say that I was able to get the facial animations to work on him. So, just those last few things, the sword strap that goes across his chest, and re-modeling the boots to look more Kokirish. (and If I can, the feature Tupac mentioned.)

Comments?

-Dan

Last edited by Antizac; 05-19-2003 at 06:25 AM.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:45 AM   #22
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Looks good! I think the shape of the eyes is fine, but the pupils (black part) need to be larger. Right now they're like super tiny-sized... unless he's looking directly at a ultra-bright light all the time, they shouldn't be that small.

Should be a simple enough fix. Keep up the nice work!

Eldritch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2003, 12:16 PM   #23
-=DarkZero=-
Riddle Of The Day

Quote:
Originally posted by Eldritch
Looks good! I think the shape of the eyes is fine, but the pupils (black part) need to be larger. Right now they're like super tiny-sized... unless he's looking directly at a ultra-bright light all the time, they shouldn't be that small.

Should be a simple enough fix. Keep up the nice work!
Lol, Another thing, the first picture of him standing in the red ctf skin, kind of looks like a nerd >.>
and i think the thing causing it is the shields too small, but SHIZ! IT'S AMAZING
Perhaps you could make a small beta for someone say...i don't know......(tupac) well gtg :P

Old 05-19-2003, 01:17 PM   #24
DanTheTrooper

looking good!

sweet dude sweet..... wow maybe if u want.... make a white version of him.... (Super Smash Bro Style) i know that may be a lot of work just a suggestion man he is looking kick @$$... wow i really want to try that skin out.... i wonder what you have going for taunts though.... maybe if u could find clips from the old TV show way back when or something... well keep up the good work

Well If It Isn't Mr. Fancy Pants... I Got Some News For You Pal, Your Ruling But Two Things Right Now, Jack And Sh!t, And It Looks Like Jack Left Town
Old 05-19-2003, 04:07 PM   #25
Antizac

Well, I'm going to need someone to rip sounds from the game somehow, because Don't have any way of doing it...

I suppose I could chage the pitch on the jedi trainer's voice until he sounded like Link, but that would be stupid.

Can anyone find sounds or get me sounds of Link?

-Dan
Old 05-19-2003, 09:13 PM   #26
RaSiN_HeCk

his eyes are freakishly big or his eye lids are just REALLY wide open, looks like he's either seeing Gannondorf for the first time or he's addicted to crack.

this might just be the screen shots, and I don't know if you can fix this with out ruining the facial expesions. His head's kind of small compared to the rest of his body

but oooh that sword = D

-Vash the Stampede
Old 05-19-2003, 09:25 PM   #27
-=DarkZero=-
Riddle Of The Day

Hey, I've been looking for the taunts, and the best I could get we're songs, just music.. i could recored from a rom but I have to find my cd first,so what you think?
oh and I have a request for you I'll save it for after though ^_^

Old 05-20-2003, 02:04 PM   #28
Psynex

Ripping sounds?! That's easy! But would I have to cross the lines of 2 video game companies? Yes. What am I talking about? I have Soul Calibur 2 (GC version starring Link). It has a bio-like mode for every character where you can check out each and every sound effect for their voices! It would be a perfect rip! But I run the risk of being attacked. Plus I don't have an input cable for my sound card. Would a SB Live! even be a good card to rip with?
Psynex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2003, 08:05 PM   #29
DanTheTrooper

kool

hey Antizac skin is looking great... i hope to see it soon... i was wondering if u could send a copy by my way when ur done it... it looks amazing and wow i have been looking forward to this for awhile now... if ya want to send it to me my e-mail is trooperwithoutacause@hotmail.com thanx man and keep up the good work!

Old 05-20-2003, 08:49 PM   #30
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Psynex
Would a SB Live! even be a good card to rip with?
Of course, audigy or a higher end card is better, but since you get the sound right from the GC SB live works just as well.

Oh and good job Antizac!

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2003, 04:25 AM   #31
Antizac

Won't be long now, just a few more things...

...my life is kinda catching up with me at the moment, but like I said it's probably not going to be finished until the end of this month. So, try to hold on until then.

[EDIT:]
Quote:
...Would a SB Live! even be a good card to rip with?
It would if you can find a patch cable to run between your soundcard and your GameCube...

...I don't have a GameCube - does Link in "Soul Calibur" sound the same as he does in "Ocarina of Time"?
Bah, either way I think I'll do it myself, by patching the N64 sound cable through my computer (Old game, fewer licenceing problems.).

I have the ROM also, but I have no idea how I would extract sounds from it...

-Dan

Last edited by Antizac; 05-21-2003 at 06:20 AM.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:43 AM   #32
Psynex

Link in Soul Calibur sounds freaking awesome! Much like the adult link in Ocarina yes, but with many more sound bites. No spoken language still either, which is good (true to the character). There are a multitude of good sounds. Ya know, I'll capture them for you anyway this weekend; it shouldn't take that long. Do you have a list of sounds? I've never put together a sound pack before so I'm not sure how to label them.

How'd you get Link to walk like that? I could use that info to give Lion-O more character.
Old 05-21-2003, 04:07 PM   #33
kerocool

Sorry

IMO i think the head is a little to small the rest is great cant wait for it

Kero
kerocool is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2003, 07:56 PM   #34
Hellfire Jedi
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Once this model is released, I will re-install JK2.

I would like to beta test YOUR models
I love graves. You should love him too.
Thanks SupremePain for the avatar.
Mike-
Hellfire Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2003, 09:08 PM   #35
squall_dm

Sorry, I didn't feel like doing all the editing myself, but here's a link to a MP3 of Young Link making a bunch of noise. Convert to .wav, do your cut/paste, and reencode it.

http://ryo.vgmidi.com/jk2/link.mp3
squall_dm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2003, 01:27 AM   #36
Antizac

Quote:
Originally posted by squall_dm
Sorry, I didn't feel like doing all the editing myself, but here's a link to a MP3 of Young Link making a bunch of noise. Convert to .wav, do your cut/paste, and reencode it.

http://ryo.vgmidi.com/jk2/link.mp3
Well, thanks, but since it's young Link, it won't sound right - I could try to change the pitch and see what I come up with, but there's background music. If you would have waited until night (on the game) there would be no music, and it would be more useable. Thanks for the time and effort, though. If you do
re-record it, like I mentioned, I would be interested, because I'm thinking about making a young Link also...

Quote:
Link in Soul Calibur sounds freaking awesome! Much like the adult link in Ocarina yes, but with many more sound bites. No spoken language still either, which is good (true to the character). There are a multitude of good sounds. Ya know, I'll capture them for you anyway this weekend; it shouldn't take that long. Do you have a list of sounds? I've never put together a sound pack before so I'm not sure how to label them.
I would love that! Especially anything that sounds like it's from "Ocarina of Time". And don't worry about labeling them, I'll just do it, and I'll pick out the best sounds and give you credit.

Quote:
How'd you get Link to walk like that? I could use that info to give Lion-O more character.
I just opened him up in Mod View and copied each frame of animation. As, for doing it in-game, I don't know...

-Dan
Old 05-22-2003, 03:46 AM   #37
squall_dm

Yeah, that's why I picked the tree. Lemme see if I can get that far.
squall_dm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2003, 10:47 AM   #38
Psynex

I have to agree with kerocool, that the head looks kind of small...although, the neck looks a little long so maybe a tweak in that area could clear things up. If you lengthen the face a bit (drop the chin down) it will give these kind of results: A longer face, resulting in: a more pointed chin, higher cheek bone appearance, and a skinner face (less pudgeyness) giving him more of that Kokirian/elven facial structure. I realize you were crossbreeding anime and realism, but I was thinking to myself that the nintendo licensed model of link kind of already is that crossbreed. Just some things to think about.

On another note, I got my RCA-Stereo converter cable back from a friend I lent it too so I'll get on those sound bites for you. One note...don't give me TOO much credit; I don't want the big N chasing me down for theft. A simple thanks for the work in the readme will do.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:59 AM   #39
Psynex

Boy, this was a task! My cube hit the fritz so I thought I'd need the weekend to get these for you. My cube wasn't loading any discs at all. I found out a small piece of plastic snapped off (a trigger switch) preventing the cube from recognizing that the lid was closed. Stupid safety specs! I'm going to hardwire that so it will play with the lid open or closed...heh heh heh. If you need more sounds let me know. After my fix last night, I didn't have a lot of time to capture these; I had to wait for the right moment in the background music to hit record so you'd have almost no noise and just sound. There are some more jump, attack, injure, and relief sounds. I didn't record a relief one, though I still can for the bacta canister use sound.

ENJOY!
Old 05-23-2003, 03:36 PM   #40
Antizac

That fuggin' Rocks! Thanks a million! I'll combine them with the ones I recorded...

Once again, thanks! =)

-Dan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Modelling > WIP: Another Link (Legend of Zelda)