lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help!!!!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-19-2003, 06:09 PM   #1
RandomMonkey

Question Help!!!!!

ok I need help!!!!!! I have had about a million problems with my map as this is my first major one, but at least Im learning anyways tho if anyone can answer the following questions ill be happy

1. Can anyone tell me of a GOOD shader tutorial. The one that comes with GTK (shader tutorial) is rather confusuing but doesnt seem to actually teach how to make the different types of shaders.

2. Is their a limit to the amout of effects you can have in one screen. Im having a problem in a place with alot of them with them being jumpy and not showing up sometimes. And its not lag cause everything else is normal time

3. can anyone give me tips on lighting all my lighting is to bright or to dark, and I would use enviormental light but half my map needs to be dark and the other half light.

last. is their anyway to use 2 skys right next to each other without them messing up and overlaping in game.

thnx to anyone who can answer any of these. Maybe ill finally get done

ALL HAIL THE MONKEYS!!!!!
WIP: GOod aNd Evil
www.geocities.com/darksquirreldude/index.html
RandomMonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2003, 08:18 PM   #2
shukrallah
White Dragon

k, for the 1st one, no clue. sorry man
2nd I dont think there is a limit, but ive only had like 4-5 in one room be4.
for the 3rd, i can help ou here:

to make it dark, dont put as many lights in the room, or change the value of the light. press N, then type for the key: light then for the value type a number smaller than 250, or greater for more light. Play around with it and c.

-lukeskywalker1
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2003, 10:37 AM   #3
aazell

Q3:You can actually make the light entities suck the light out of an area by making the light key a minus value.

Try adding a light and setting the light key to -1000. That should solve that issue.

Q2: Most average PC's are going to struggle with too many effects going on on the screen at once. You may have to compromise. Sorry dude.
aazell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2003, 06:52 PM   #4
RandomMonkey

well that helps some thnx. The problem is I kno the basics and advances of mapping, but theirs a couple things I still need to learm
I guess Ill just have to try things
sigh.

ALL HAIL THE MONKEYS!!!!!
WIP: GOod aNd Evil
www.geocities.com/darksquirreldude/index.html
RandomMonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2003, 09:51 PM   #5
Obsidian-Jovani

Quote:
Originally posted by RandomMonkey
The problem is I kno the basics and advances of mapping, but theirs a couple things I still need to learm I guess Ill just have to try things sigh.
The best to learn is by doing. Just keep at it.

Binary Sunset Studios

WIP: A SP Project entitled "Resurgence"
Obsidian-Jovani is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Help!!!!!